• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

My first Gameboy moment

joshposh

Reaction score
I remember when I first got my hands on the Nintendo Gameboy. Having that kind of technology in the palm of your hands been available before. It made riding the bus to and from college so much easier. Tetris came with the system, and it made the trips seem short. I almost missed my stop a few times because I wasn't paying attention.

Dana

Reaction score
My mom bought me an old gameboy at a flea market when I was like six years old. Then the next christmas my brother and I both got newer ones. From there we basically got the new ones every time one came out for like 6 years, with games and everything.

Jojo83

Reaction score
The Nintendo Gameboy was great. The first gameboy game I ever played was Mortal Kombat for gameboy. It had the pea green soup graphics of the first gameboy but I was amazed seeing it for the first time when I was young. Then, after that I got the Gameboy color which was great and had a long battery life. Oh the memories...

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I remember I had a cousin whose house I would go and sleep over at every weekend when I was younger. He had all the popular systems (Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis) and one day he had decided to buy a Game Boy (and was pretty close to getting a Game Gear too). He had Tetris and this Tiny Toons platformer. I didn't really understand how to play Tetris at the time, so I would always play the Tiny Toons game. Eventually I would play so much that I would fall asleep with the Game Boy by my side.

amig0enemig0

Reaction score
The first time i saw a game boy was at my uncles house, it was just on the table and i was like OK i'll play it. The next thing you know i was hooked to Mario lol, it was one of the first game boys too like the kinda bulky gray ones.

Nate5

Reaction score
I remember stealing my mother's game boy to play Dr. Mario. I felt like such a devious kid. Then when my mother got a game boy colour, she gave her old one to me. I "borrowed" my mother's game boy colour instead to play some pokemon. A few years later, I finally got my own game boy advance. Best birthday ever!

beastmaster184

Reaction score
I remember when i final got my mom to by me a game boy at age 11 and i got tetris and dr Frankenstein with i plugged in and had a bunch of headaches with dr Frankenstein later on i became a tetrid fan though totally worth it

Steamroller

Reaction score
My first game boy was a GB color wigh Zelda Link's Awakening and Pokemon Red. So to be precise, my first moments with a GB were with those two games. Plus, a friend of mine got Blue and a cable link so you can imagine how cool was to obtain Alakazam and Gengar. Link's Awakening wasn't my first Zelda, but is a damn good one for sure.

fcuco

Reaction score
I never had one, so my Gameboy memories are related to borrowing one from some friend and playing it for as much as I could before I had to give it back. It was frustrating but we could not afford one, so much so that the first gaming console that I bought once I had the money was a nintendo 3DS, a worthy successor for the Gameboy. I remember that even the monochrome and small screen were awesome, it worked like a charm and portable gaming was amazing.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I loved my GameBoy, I remember the Pokemon games that I have play and all the hours that I have use to play every time that I could. It was good, good memories!

arachnophobik

Reaction score
My first Gameboy was the Gameboy Advance SP and it was like a dream come true for me at the time. I remember that I asked for a Gameboy about a year before I had it, and during Christmas, even wrote Santa a letter to give me one and I slid it in my Christmas stocking. I was so happy when I checked the stocking a day later and the letter to Santa was gone. I kept asking my people around the house if anyone took it and they said no so I figured it must be Santa. Christmas time came and when I opened my gift, I got a ripoff called "Game Voice". It had one terrible colorless arcade game and I was really disappointed. Thank goodness that a few months later they actually gave me a Gameboy and it made me cry.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I remember when the Game Boy Color came out, it was such an amazing piece of technology to my six year old mind and I would've done anything to have one, especially with the release of Pokémon Gold and Silver. However, my dad on the other hand wouldn't even consider getting me one because he felt the pixilated graphics weren't worth the investment. Yeah, he was one of those gamers. Eventually the Game Boy Advance came out, and given that I now had allowance money I used that to buy it myself. Playing Pokémon Emerald for the first time on my very own GBA is one of my favorite memories.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Nostalgia alert. My first Gameboy was given to me by my parents as a gift. I don't really remember how old I was but pretty young. It was one of those classic, brick type ones, gray color. Later on, I switched it up to the Gameboy color.

Anyway, I still remember the day I got it and how happy it made me feel. They even gave me some games - my favorite was the Pokemon blue version. We played it so much during the school breaks, after school and even when we were just outside. We often forgot that we had to go home because we were so busy playing (me and my best friend). I have amazing memories about my first Gameboy.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Im poor when i was a kid...luckily my friends ain't so they lend me theirs. I love playing dr mario. Well actually that is the only game that they always let me play with.

luispas

Reaction score
My first Gameboy was the Advance :') I remember that I save money to buy it, and my uncle helped me with that (because my mom didn't knew anything about video games). I remember that I had 2 games, but I hated that I had to use batteries all the time :( so I sold it to a neighbor like one month after I bought it.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I remember when I got my First Gameboy too. I loved the games on it. At that time it was definitely the best thing to have as I didn't have a PC. I still remember how I used to play Super Mario Land on the Gameboy.

Sino989

Reaction score
My very first gameboy moment was on the game based off of the Wild Thornberrys movie and it was a pretty fun game from what I remember, but then again I was like 6-7 so I could be remembering wrong.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Back then I was extremely addicted to my game boy, I had a bag full of batteries because I was always prepared. Castlevania was really something and am not sure I ever made it past the 3rd stage. Well really was an experience I cherished.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
First memorable thing I had with the Gameboy (GBA for me) is when I discovered Articuno at the Seafoam Islands in Pokemon Yellow. It really blew my mind to see a legendary Pokemon in the game. Sure, I was enjoying all the references to the TV show, catching Pokemon and all that, but to have a legendary one show up unexpectedly was an amazing experience. I was so happy when I caught him he's been on my team ever since that moment until I had to retire the game.

Referal

Reaction score
I remember growing up when I was younger I had my 1st gameBoy at the age of like 6 after a few years I had gotten a new one as a gift it was Blue GameBoy I had to go the store once in a while and get a few games they used to everywhere I remember few of the games such as Dragon Ball ( I never the series that time but heard of it) and Spongebob Squarepants just to name a few