• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Minecraft: Pocket Edition LITE Review

Slash

Reaction score
Minecraft Pocket Edition is the mobilized version of the real Minecraft. Although it may stray many buyers from the PC Version of the game, you maybe surprised about the rating of the game. In other words, it's not really great...

I'll go over the basics. Pocket Edition may be made by Mojang, but it doesn't seem like it. There is no crafting, but only building. You get only half the blocks you get in the full version, and four tools. These are a pickaxe, an axe, a shovel, and hedge clippers. There are also two different modes, Creative and Survival.

CREATIVE MODE:
In Creative Mode, you can build anything your imagination thinks of. While it may not be PC Minecraft good, it's still OK. You only get half the blocks you get from the full version and you can't save. While more people use this mode more than Survival, it's still a work in progress, as Mojang said.

SURVIVAL MODE:
This is madness! No... THIS IS MINECRAFT!!!!
Well, the Survival Mode anyway... Survival Mode was big when Minecraft PE was updated, but after some plays, it's really bad. Most blocks you don't have to mine for, or even dig. There's no crafting or swords. There are mobs, but very few: sheep, pigs, and zombies. You kill the mobs with your tools, but can't pick up anything like wool or meat. There is no hunger bar or sleep bar. Only a health bar...

So, moving on, I will explain Multiplayer Mode. Multiplayer Mode is just like the Minecraft Pocket Edition, but you play with people close by. You need Wi-Fi as well. It is very faulty sometimes, and players will disconnect easily. You can also have a username, which you can set in the options menu.

For the people who know Minecraft on the PC, I don't think you should get Pocket Edition. The full version is a little better, but is $7.99. Mojang keeps saying PE is a work in progress, but they've said it for over two years. Hurry up. Overall, Minecraft Pocket Edition is a boredom reliever, but I will not recommend it for it's Survival Mode.

Creative Mode: 7.5/10
Survival Mode: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Slash

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I reviewed. I only play it when I get bored.

Corona

Reaction score
Mobile versions of games usually aren't that great. Mobile Sims was terrible!

Scion

Reaction score
I agree with you Slash. I downloaded the free pocket edition, and was seriously, a work in progress indeed...underwhelmed

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
The mobile version of the game sucked compared to the pc and xbox version.

Original

Reaction score
is there mobs in the mobile version ?,i might buy it on the appstore

T

The Slenderman

You have written a very well detailed tutorial :)
Personally I'd rather play the PC version as it has more features for multi-player and overall is more fun

Atom

Reaction score
I personally don't like the game. But I have a friend who is addicted to it. I would rate 6/10