• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Miles' Incident Report #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

Reaction score
Week of Feb. 26 - Mar. 4

While this week has been busy for both the community and forums, TS has had a surprising break. While I'll be scrapping the barrel for incidents, I also will be pushing to find ways to improve the overall situation of TS.

#1: Player Quabbels came into the Stellaris channel and began playing ear rape music. I promptly removed him from the channel and warned him.
  • I believe when situations arise that are like the one above, players (after 3 warnings) should receive a TS tag. This would show players who is prone to abuse, and since ear rape once isn't a ban worthy issue, a TS tag warning people of this person would help.
#2: An issue on the forums involving an argument in chat box became very apparent in the community. I issued a warning to both members (through my forum moderator permissions/authority) and told them to talk in TS. After this warn, I was prepared to monitor the situation on TS, but it never escalated and other members of the forum team dealt with the situation.
  • I think it's important to work closely with the forum, as there are many controversial conversations both on the forum and TS. I suggest both teams work together to create a safe place for EN players to interact and share content.
#3: Other than that I also gave Disco and Thrall channel moderators in the Stellaris channel as we're the only ones who play there. I also changed up the channel's description to look pretty. And some user was in the lobby and I gave him a community tag.

Overall, this week has been very busy for me, and so I admit I wasn't on as long as I believed I would be. This of course led to the lack of incidents I was involved in. However, given that Spring Break (at least in Canada) is coming up, I'm presuming many new players will arrive. And in that case, I'll be ready to do my job accordingly.

Edit: I don't know if the "Teamspeak punishment tag" is a way of dealing with users who break the rules frequently. But if it is, void my point of adding a TS tag for recurring rule breakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.