• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Memorial Day: Why We Remember

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/gSz_bv7Hcdk[/video]​

Memorial Day is a US federal holiday wherein those who died during their service in the United States Armed Forces are remembered.

This video portrays the oath of enlistment every Marine takes before earning their Eagle, Globe and Anchor and shows the sacrifices they make on the battle field to keep that oath.

Quotes by Presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and Ronald W. Reagan

The Governor

Reaction score
It really bothers me when people act like Memorial Day is just another holiday, or just another day to get off of whatever. People need to understand and respect Memorial Day and what it stands for.

ShaneVP

Reaction score
Even though I am not American it was just the other day I was watching the Youtube video where someone was going around as a 'news reporter' asking people in America what Memorial Day was about and how people celebrated it. The answers he received was disgusting. He got answers such as "it's just a silly excuse for people to drink do drugs." "It's nothing important." "It's just a day off work so we can drink and have fun."

I'm not American or anything and even I know, just by 'Memorial' being in the name what it's all about and I found it disgusting that the responses he received were just terrible.

Pulseeey

Reaction score
Not to burst peoples bubbles here but society doesn't give a f*ck about your opinion on what people need to understand or what they should think. It isn't going to change.

Not everyone supports the war, some don't even support the military.. hell, even your government... oh god, even your country. LEZ MOVE TO POLAND.

You have to respect their opinion in order for them to respect yours and majority of the time.. people will only say stuff like that when you ask them.. they aren't going to lie are they? At least they don't brag about it in public, most of the time.

Guardian

Reaction score
The real heroes are the ones that gave their lives so their brothers and sisters could make it back home. In combat, there is no politics, just brothers in arms that you will do what is needed to make sure you and they all make it back home.