• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Melee - Better than Brawl?

Geoffrey

Reaction score
Do you think Melee is better than Brawl? I do, I love the classic game on gamecube much more, but it could just be that I've always preferred an actual controller over the wiimote. Your thoughts?

Hidden308

Reaction score
Better than Super Smash Bros Brawl? NO way. Not even close.

gktime

Reaction score
Melee is more for hardcore gamers and Brawl is more for everyone. Brawl does have a storyline though, and melee doesn't it, therefore Brawl is definitely better

Hidden308

Reaction score
I've never played melee before. I don't pay attention to many storylines though. Only in games I play a lot.

gktime

Reaction score
If you have never played it, how could you say it is better?

And Melee doesn't have a story MODE, while SSBB does- that's the difference there :D

Hidden308

Reaction score
Who buys SSBB for the story mode though?

Geoffrey

Reaction score
There's a story line in SSBB? What is it?

Joe: How can you say Brawl is better than Melee if you've never played Melee?

gktime

Reaction score
There's a story line in SSBB? What is it?

Joe: How can you say Brawl is better than Melee if you've never played Melee?

I just said- the subspace emissary, where the characters in Brawl have to save the world from being conquered by supspace.

fbenitez13

Reaction score
Brawl is superior! Pretty much in every area so yea no contest for me

How2Earn

Reaction score
I like the multiplayer part of melee better, and the maps too. But the story line of brawl, and all the neat features makes it better in my opinion.

NewDCD

Reaction score
Melee is much better from a competitive standpoint, due to features in Brawl which are unpredictable and break the delicate balance that fighting game aficionados always strive for in their games. For example, tripping, which is unpredictable. Then again, SSB has always been more of a "party fighting game" than a traditional fighting game altogether... There exist several mods that tweak the mechanics of Brawl so it plays closer to Melee for this same reason.

If you're not particularly into fighting games, though, Brawl might be the better choice for you, due to the bigger roster, the number of stages, the Story Mode (even if it's quite lacking), and whatnot.

Hotspot

Reaction score
I prefer Brawl over Melee, and Melee over the original actually.