• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Longer or shorter story modes?

goldlady

Reaction score
I definitely prefer long story mode. When the game has more "content" it makes me more immersed on it. I think you need a long story mode to actually get into the game.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I want longer game story modes! Having longer game stories means I get to follow the plot longer which means more fun for me! There are games though where the quality is sacrificed for longer stories and that is something I do not want.

If the quality is sacrificed, I prefer the shorter one otherwise, I prefer the longer game mode :D

thart

Reaction score
It's absolutely the long story mode, i want to have much time to enjoy the game. And sometimes i wish if the story will be forever lol.

yunken

Reaction score
I also prefer longer story modes. Shorter stories are less interesting. The shorter the story, the lesser the difficulty, and it makes no sense to be passing all levels of game with ease without any obstacle.
A game shouldn't be too hard, and too easy neither

amine erraji

Reaction score
the longest the better, i mean look at the witcher 3 it's the best game i have ever seen in while, it's story make's you feel the game like garelt is you, you get so in to it that sometimes you forget how real life works :p happens to me all the time. the story's need's to long always.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
What do you prefer in a game's story mode? Long or short?

I prefer longer story modes. In my opinion, the more the is to complete, the better. Once I complete the story mode, the game becomes boring for me, so I always want to spend a long time in story mode.
If depends on the game, but as long as I have the option to end the story when I'm ready to play it doesn't matter if it's long or short. Usually those that are just watching you play enjoy the story line more than the person or people playing the game.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I also prefer longer story modes and huge sandbox type games. I like developing a character over time and then returning at intervals to the world and seeing it new again after taking breaks from it. Sometimes, this can get a bit repetitive and boring, but I find that my own imagination can take care of that once I commit to the gameplay.

Moaz

Reaction score
Long story modes for sure, because I like missions and stuff..Also if the game has side missions it will be even better..I do not prefer the shorter story modes.

mcbryan

Reaction score
I prefer longer story mode because mostly I finish shorter story mode is a short period of time. I want a long story mode so I can continuously play it and not ask for more. The longer story makes a game interesting and exciting. It avoids boredom and dulls unlike the shorter one. Longer story mode makes the game unpredictable to the point where in every situation is unexpected.

SeanP

Reaction score
Honestly, depends on the game. Longer is not always better, and I think the artificial lengthening of games has led to some decreased quality in AAA titles. Persona 5, in my opinion, is far too long and drawn out. I think P5 should be about two dungeons shorter. On the other hand, Persona 4 is about as long but never felt as if it was dragging along. Xenoblade Chronicles is another epic, long game that never overstays its welcome.

Short games can be just as captivating. Naughty Dog's third-person shooters are some of the most acclaimed games of all time, and all of them can be finished within 15 hours.

Thammy

Reaction score
Shorter story mode! I feel people who prefer longer story mode use cheat codes*lol..just my opinion. But on a more serious note, shorter story mode helps control my gaming addiction. But long story mode is cool if you feel you could control your gaming addiction