• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Legacy of Kain

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Soul Reaver, Blood Omen, Defiance... Kain, Raziel, vampires... if those names sound familiar to you, then you played a game from Legacy of Kain!
Who else remember and love this classic ol' games? Their intricate plots, the puzzles, the characters, the voice acting... Maybe the graphic was bad even at their time, but I feel like they are a must play for any gamer.
Did you play them? What do you think?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I sure did play this game! I only played one though - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. If I'm correct it was the second or the third one out of the series, right?

and I agree, it's a must play for any real old time gamers. The graphics are so-so but the story itself is very rich and beautiful... you have many good cinematics in the game. I really enjoyed the gameplay and the ability to switch between the worlds. I don't know why but in a weird way it reminded me of the Darksiders. I know that Raziel is a vampire but just the way he moves when you run and stuff. Plus the puzzles! Even more like Darksiders :p

Is it worth playing the other titles too if I enjoyed the Soul Reaver?

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Yes! Soul Reaver was the second title of the series - and also one of my favorite childhood games - and probably the best one in the entire saga. I just hated how the ending was a cliffhanger with no resolution at the time.
It is totally worth to play every game again from the beginning, yes! It's a complex story full of rich characters!

And yes, Darksiders felt pretty similar to it indeed!