• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

League of Legends

Miles Hansen

Reaction score
League of Legends is a Mutiplayer Online Battle Arena video game made by Riot Games for Windows and Mac OS X. It is inspired by the popular Warcraft mod turned independent game Defence Of The Ancients. The game is free to play and is supported by microtransactions.
67 million people play per month, 27 million per day and with 7.5 million concurently during peak hours.

Have you guys played League of Legends? What is your oppinion of the game? Why did/didn't you get into it? What is your oppinion on the Riot business model? What do you think of the community? Why is/isn't DOTA better?

I want to hear all of your oppinions!

aa5f9befb703b984032d560eed0dc311.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

mmorpg_9.jpg

Nate5

Reaction score
I play it, love it, and the fact that it's offered for free is already a huge factor for me due to my financial situation. I just love how challenging it is, and how some of my friends have bonded over this game. The fact that there are changes every few weeks means that the way we play the game is constantly changing. One champion might be good for a while, and then another champion rises. I like Riot's business model, and I don't really see any problems. They try to reach out to fans, and are really involved in the community. You get the occasional toxic player, but that comes with playing with strangers. Like all other games, learn to ignore them or use the mute button ;)

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
As an Avid player of Dota 2 and HoN I feel there is just not enough of a challenge in LoL. There is not as much trashtalk, and everyone seems very relaxed for a 5 on 5 battle game. I think the ability to overcome a mistake is to easy. But for me I just dont like I can pick any hero in my mix I have and carry my team to victory. I think the game should be much more of a challenge than that. Its like I have a God Mode cheat and no one can get me. I do like their variety of mapss they have. I wish Dotaa would do something like that. HoN has a coupel maps to. its good to have a variety of maps to help get away from the strick seriousness of the main map arena.

YellowTrain

Reaction score
Im very curious as to whether or not you have actually played the game @cyberpinoy. The game is very difficult, and the community is absolutely horrid. I don't think that reflects how "challenging" the game is either. The map selection is fine, and you certainly cannot go "godmode" in league, unless you're Udyr or Mao who is super fed and full build...

Personally I enjoy the game for it's entirety, especially because it is challenging. I got into it because my brother did, and I wanted to be better than him.

YellowTrain

Reaction score
Im very curious as to whether or not you have actually played the game @cyberpinoy. The game is very difficult, and the community is absolutely horrid. I don't think that reflects how "challenging" the game is either. The map selection is fine, and you certainly cannot go "godmode" in league, unless you're Udyr or Mao who is super fed and full build...

Personally I enjoy the game for it's entirety, especially because it is challenging. I got into it because my brother did, and I wanted to be better than him.

primaLucid

Reaction score
As an Avid player of Dota 2 and HoN I feel there is just not enough of a challenge in LoL. There is not as much trashtalk, and everyone seems very relaxed for a 5 on 5 battle game. I think the ability to overcome a mistake is to easy. But for me I just dont like I can pick any hero in my mix I have and carry my team to victory. I think the game should be much more of a challenge than that. Its like I have a God Mode cheat and no one can get me. I do like their variety of mapss they have. I wish Dotaa would do something like that. HoN has a coupel maps to. its good to have a variety of maps to help get away from the strick seriousness of the main map arena.

Well, the League community is already super toxic so I don't think condoning more trash talk would make anything better. As for challenge, I am not sure what you mean because in Dota 2 I know that the items are really complicated. If that's the type of challenge you are referencing, then sure, League isn't much of a challenge compared to other MOBAS, but as for gameplay, League is just like any other MOBA.

narnex

Reaction score
A lot of people are calling out the community on LOL but I'm going to say that is no reason not to try the game. Yea it has some toxicity but Riot is working pretty hard towards fixing the issues. It is a great game, they are constantly adding to it, and it's free to play so there is really no risk at all for giving it a try. Only free to play game I will play (and I play it a lot).

xcredence

Reaction score
League of Legends is a great game for many reasons. It is THE biggest game right now to my knowledge and it is on the forefront of esports, which mean there is earning potential if you ever get good at the game. It's free so there's no reason not to try it and it really is a ton of fun. I have to admit though, it is one of those games where it is excruciatingly difficult to see your own mistakes, which turns a lot of the players toxic, where they can only see and criticize other people's mistakes, instead of noticing their own.

lgdg090596

Reaction score
League of Legends is the best game I've played, thus far. It's not only a game, it's also a social platform. I've met most of my friends through League of Legends. I'm so thankful I came across the ad on Garena. :D

Miles Lucas

Reaction score
I used to play league of legends all day every day. I used to play it every time I got home from school and I looked forward to playing it all the time. In the last couple of months I stopped because there really wasn't a point to it besides just playing with friends. I also stopped because the community was so toxic and it was so rare to come by a generous person.