• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

League of Legends vs Heroes of the Storm

user238

Reaction score
Hello all, I played LoL for about 7 years, topped out at P1 and was never able to make the concerted push into diamond, or it was those dang feeders/boosters, ami right? Lol!

Anyways, I mostly played LoL because of my friends, but as they gravitated toward HoTS, I naturally followed them and while I am happy with the game I feel that it is rather lackluster in the area of personal fulfillment.

Sure, I mean you get that win and you feel great, but there are next to no moments of personal gratification like when you 1v5 an entire team playing as Vayne. You just don’t have those because its such a team coordinated game. I really wish there was some way to incorporate that into the mix with HotS.

In the same light I wish there was some way to speed up a LoL game. I enjoy HotS approach to things in that its shared XP and its talent based rather than items, promoting the team play aspect. I also enjoy the ability to be able to come back from losses if you play smart, which is way more difficult in LoL.

Overall I feel that they are both great games, but HotS is far more casual, and I am surprised that it is not more popular than LoL.

What are your thoughts?

Gladdy

Reaction score
You have to know that Heroes of the Storm came a long time after League was already firmly as the number one most popular MOBA. It was even beating the all time favorite - Dota 2. I remember when Heroes of the Storm were initially announced that people were begging to get into the beta and participate. However, after the release, the hype soon died out. It's just very different from League or Dota 2 and people aren't used to it. The whole game works differently... there's no actual shop where you buy items and so on. The maps are very tactical, the creeps work differently, ... I personally prefer League over HotS. Not because it'd be more competitive but I feel like it's more challenging and provides better overall gameplay. Also, HotS is hard to follow when it comes to the actual competitive scene (eSports).