• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

League of Legends, do you play it?

GawdEymGewd

Reaction score
Posting this thread just to see if anyone else in this forum plays, reply with your name, I'll add you, and we can play! :p DERP

gktime

Reaction score
No, but I would like to know more about it. What is it about? How much does it cost? How fun is it?

Hidden308

Reaction score
Moved to PC gaming. Yes I play with you daily GawdEymGewd.

gktime - It's DotA.

Hidden308

Reaction score
The game is great. Do as GawdEymGewd says! :p

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
No I never played it, but heard its a great game from others. Anyway, people gave it good feedback and critique.

Hidden308

Reaction score
You should really give it a shot. I thought I would hate it, but turns out I have a blast!

Eternal

Reaction score
I played it for like a week, the games gets boring very quickly IMO.

Epicfied

Reaction score
My boyfriend got me into playing League of Legends about a year ago. I absolutely love it. I usually main supporting, but I'll gladly play AP carry mid and AD carry bot. Just no jungle or solo top...I suck at those.
Username: Epicfied

Hidden308

Reaction score
I love it as well! Gawdeymgewd got me into it. Once D3 and GW2 come out I won't play it though.

I'm best with AD carry. I like playing jungling guys like Nocturne but am not good at jungling in 5s! I'm alright with AP though.

AndroidOS

Reaction score
I used to play this, but I wasn't very good at it so I stopped. :p I still go on sometimes though, I'll find out what my name is and post it here sometime.

Hidden308

Reaction score
A lot of people aren't good at it..trust me..I've met the majority of them.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I tried it before but I never really got into it... I might retry it again soon when I first tried it was like a little after it first released. lol So it probably is better now then it was then. :p

Hidden308

Reaction score
I tried it before but I never really got into it... I might retry it again soon when I first tried it was like a little after it first released. lol So it probably is better now then it was then. :p

You really should try it again. Try an easy AD (attack damage) champion such as Master Yi and get the hang of it. If you start at level 1 and not on a friend's account, you should be matched with fairly easy people to play with.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I actually tried downloading LoL just now.. But it says it can't because it is having firewall issues. I never had firewall issues with any game before honestly so this is the first time. lol I clicked for it to check if I can access the servers by clicking the 'server' button on the install and it said, "Worked!" So I guess I won't be able to download LoL since I can't get through the first download step because of a false firewall issue.

VeaVae

Reaction score
I have played League of Legends, but not at the moment really. I just play it when I feel like it, which isn't all that much to be quite honest. :)
I enjoy FPS/MMORPG games more. It's not that I'm unskilled or anything. It's just not the kind of game I could play months on end. ^^

Anyway, when I do play, my favorite champions are Ashe (LOVE her ulti! And her volley is awesome to scare people early on!) and Cho'gath (Especially when you're fed :D).

If I get online, we can play some time. ID: Enexeus

Hidden308

Reaction score
I bought Pantheon a little bit ago, having never played him, and he is by far one of my favorites now. Too much fun almost..!

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Not anymore. Nothing against the game really, just the community made me quit the game. It is really bad. I do play one or two games from time to time, lets say once in two or three months, but that's it. A lot has changed since I left the game, and now even if I wanted to come back I would have to learn it all over again. Not entirely of course but, most of the meta changed a lot.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
When I only had a laptop to play games on, I tried playing League of Legends because it did not have a high specification requirements for computers so I figured out why not. I found it fun to play because I had experience from playing Defense of the Ancients. I picked up my pace and played as I want. I tried out DotA 2 on my laptop just to see if my laptop can handle the game. It was able to and that is why I stopled playing LoL.

Hikin33t

Reaction score
No, I've never played LoL and I don't imagine I ever will because I've always preferred DotA.

Not anymore. Nothing against the game really, just the community made me quit the game. It is really bad. I do play one or two games from time to time, lets say once in two or three months, but that's it. A lot has changed since I left the game, and now even if I wanted to come back I would have to learn it all over again. Not entirely of course but, most of the meta changed a lot.

This really resonates with me. I am in the exact same situation with DotA. The community is toxic and I quit playing to do other things with my time. Now, learning again is just too painful and punishing. Plus, I'm not suited to the genre AT ALL. I am not diverse enough, I am not consistent with my PvE (gold farming) and then I want to fight so badly I'll put myself in horrible situations just to PvP because it's been 10 minutes of boredom. You know? But I die due to stats or because the fight is just impossible to win and I rage.

Especially when talking about learning, you know, like in mobas there are stages. The initial laning stage, the mid-game, the late-game, the super late-game and since games take a long time, even if you invest several hours into playing, you'll only see the early game a few times and you might not even get to the super late-game so you won't get to practice it. Just by playing, you don't get enough time to practice each aspect of the game if you know what I mean. The time investment to stay competitive is just too huge.

Actually, I remember trying to play it 8 months ago or so and I was flamed by one of the people I used to know. He laughed at me for playing badly but while he had been investing GOD knows how many hours into DotA, I had learnt to speak and understand the Japanese language.

I don't think gaming is a waste of time but ... you get only get so many hours in your life, you know?

The worst thing is that I don't even get to choose the lane or role I want in 90% of games. I just want to spam solo mid invoker every game but I can't. The last few times I've tried to get back into it, I've just left really, really upset.

I'd rather play PUBG or Blade & Soul to satiate my PvP bloodlust at the moment. They're equally as challenging but the time investment required is just less. Especially if you play PUBG like I do, constantly looking for people to fight.

Last edited: