• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS4 Journey. Have you heard of this game?

Dabstin

Reaction score
So my friend received a PS4 for Christmas and has been telling me about this game called Journey. I checked out a few videos and I have to say that it's almost hypnotizing. The scenery is breathtaking even though it mostly takes place in the desert. It's truly mesmerizing. The gameplay idea is that you go on a journey without instructions whatsoever. You just spawn in this desert, and learn as you go. If you play the game while online you can even meet a 'friend' inside the game :). You won't have a way to communicate with each other other than weird signals, but you will help each other along the journey. I just find that poetic somehow.

TL;DR: It's a beautiful game, has any of you played it or heard of it? I'm seriously considering getting a PS4 now to play this and many other exclusives. I'm sick of missing out on good games, the PS4 just has way too many of them.

Kitty Reeves

Reaction score
Yes! I never got to play Journey when it first came out on PS3 (the PS4 version is a "remake" as in "update graphics"), but my friends did and they all loved it! There is just something magical and amazing about it. The style is also so so pretty! Okami is another "pretty" game that is fun.

Bear

Reaction score
I haven't played the game myself but I've only heard great things about it. My friends that have the game tell me that it's magical and amazing. It's the opposite of an action game, it's very slow paced and peaceful. The soundtracks in the game are amazing and they make the game even more magical to play. I'm most likely going to buy the game because it seems like something I would enjoy and it's a break from the shooters I usually play. I think it's well worth getting even though I haven't played it myself.

john franklin

Reaction score
No i never played this game but my friends use to say that it is really an interesting game. I think it would be a strategic game. I love this kind of games. I have been playing the Age Of Empires on PC. I never got bored of this game. I will check out this game and then I will let you know.

megaanmaarie

Reaction score
Journey is awesome! It was one of the free games for the month from PSN, and I downloaded it like I do all of the free games. I started playing it, and it was a wonderful delight. I got some friends into playing it as well. It's such a simple game, and the music is amazing. It's one of those games where the art and the music really just take the cake and add to the overall experience. It has high replay value because you can run into other players and help each other out in the game. At the end, any users you've met can be added as friends on PSN.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
It's an interesting game. My favorite thing about it that wouldn't spoil the experience is that It's still probably the best looking game for looking at desert sands. If you're into that sort of thing.

The quirky art style means that it will probably always be a good looking game, unlike games that strive for realism. If you want to make an artsy game like Journey, a highly stylized art style is the best way to go because when people play it in the future, they can still see beautiful scenery, rather than unflattering graphics.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Yes, I've played it and it was such an amazing game. It's beyond beautiful. My favorite part was when you were trying to climb up that hill but it kept getting colder and colder... I could feel how cold it was just as if I was in the actual game - it's weird but they managed to make me feel things just through music and art.

Not everybody will enjoy this game since it's a bit different but I'd really recommend that you at least give it a try. You can even play with other people (or friends). I've played through the whole game with some random guy and it was so enjoyable. Exploring the things together and so on.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
Is that some kind of game like Age of Empires or is it some game playing ships in the sea? I never heard of it but it seems interesting as people over this forums are showing their interest in it. Can anyone tell me that where I can try this game?

WarVet

Reaction score
Yes, this game is awesome. If you love the open world you'll feel at home here. From what I gathered you have to survive on a hostile planet, dealing with alien creatures (Friendly and hostile alike) gathering resources, build bases and buying ships. I love this concept, definitely worth a try.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
Is that some kind of game like Age of Empires or is it some game playing ships in the sea? I never heard of it but it seems interesting as people over this forums are showing their interest in it. Can anyone tell me that where I can try this game?
It's not like Age Of Empires or anything regarding the sea. It's a short, self-contained experience about some type of desert nomad. It was developed for the PS3, but it's available on both the PS3 and the Ps4 if you're interested in trying it out sometimes.