• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Is Xbox Live Gold worth it any more?

Quiver

Reaction score
Xbox Live Gold costs £5.99 (let's call it, for the sake of argument, £6.00) a month.
The main purpose of purchasing the Gold subscription is to play multiplayer games.
However, developers such as Ubisoft are now making you buy a uPlay passport too.
Therefore I pose the question...is Xbox Live Gold really worth the price any more? ;)

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Xbox Live Gold costs £5.99 (let's call it, for the sake of argument, £6.00) a month.
The main purpose of purchasing the Gold subscription is to play multiplayer games.
However, developers such as Ubisoft are now making you buy a uPlay passport too.
Therefore I pose the question...is Xbox Live Gold really worth the price any more? ;)

It is for me. Ubisoft games give you the uPlay passport when you purchase the game. This was set in motion to try and help stop the selling and trading of their games. A lot of people are not too happy with them because of it, but it really has nothing to do with xbox live.

James

Reaction score
When was it ever worth it? :p

Like Jordan said... doesn't really have much to do with Live. Uplay gives you some additional content and access to online multiplayer.. much like what EA does. Don't blame Xbox Live for something game companies are doing. ;)

Esperahol

Reaction score
I can't really get mad at Xbox Live because of the business practices of gaming companies. Moreover 6 "dollars" a month is a lot less than say 30 "bucks" a month for some other games.