• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Is the Wii U back in the console wars?

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
The Wii U seems to be doing quite good as of late, especially since Nintendo rocked it at E3 this year and it seems as if they may be poised to make 2015 their year. I was wondering, what is your opinion on the Wii U? Will it be able to compete with the likes of the PS4 and Xbox One? With all the games coming this year and in 2015, I really think they can turn things back in their favor. What do you think?
I don't think it's going to happen. Nintendo is good in the portable gaming department, but not the home console. The system is just not built for the realistic type of game play, specs are to low, and with Oculus and other virtual reality games coming out, I don't we them matching up at all.

CosmicOdyssey

Reaction score
I think they just need to get one great idea game that everyone will try to copy

weepforsweep

Reaction score
Their console days are running low. They pretty much have to rely on portable games from now on. The consoles' rely on some gimmick.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I don't think that the Wii U will ever be back in the console race. The only way they will be number one is if Microsoft and Sony suddenly go out of business, and that;s not going to happen. They are a solid third place though, and I think they should be happy with that. I think they need a complete overhaul before they can have any relevance again.

Mackmax

Reaction score
The Wii dropped out of the competition in 2011, if you ask me. The Wii is just too simple and child-oriented. Just compare the types of games available for the Wii to the types of games available to the Xbox and Playstation. Nintendo gears it's games towards children, which is great and very profitable. But it just isn't good gaming. The controller is awkward and chunky, the graphics are eh, and there just isn't anything new brought to the table. Nintendo is doing what makes them money.

Nero

Reaction score
I love the Wii U but I love the way the Miomoto replied to the console war. They said they are standing by watching others fight while they just do what they want to.

RUTHLESS

Reaction score
I know some serious gamers. Out of those guys, a lot bought the WII, but none of them play it. As a matter of fact, the only people I see playing it any more are children.

gadin210

Reaction score
Even though Nintendo and the wii get alot of flak, people buy them. They secretly love them. Me? I love them and I am not ashamed. Im a 20 year old college student who loves violent games, but when it comes to nintendo i am a child at heart.