• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Is PC really master race?

AnonLu

Reaction score
PC's will always have the potential to be a little, or a ton, better than consoles, in terms of hardware capability and performance. It's just the fact, and it will always remain that way, as PC's are constantly upgradeable. With that said, a gaming PC simply costs more. Even if you go and build one only for performance equal to a console, it's still going to cost more. Try building a gaming PC of that caliber, at let's say $375. Also, a console comes with a controller, pre-installed "OS", and usually a game or two. It's not really possible.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Beyond superior hardware, a computer offers a great array of possibilities that a videogame console don't. Decades ago, I was with videogame console side since my favorite franchises were exclusivities that only
can be enjoyed through a certain console. Nowadays, gaming desktop consoles lost their identity and became a glorified mid range gaming PC, thus my perspective have changed in favor of PC lately.

Last edited:

Dowls

Reaction score
PC is most definitely the "Master race" however I do own both a stacked PC and a PS4. The reason I own a PS4 is because of FIFA, Madden and Call Of Duty. FIFA Ultimate Team on the PC is full of cheaters and the market is pretty dead, Madden isn't released on PC and Call of Duty isn't an even playing field, you can have cheaters or people playing with controllers with auto aim vs mouse players.

However outside of that PC is way better, people try to justify that gaming PC's are not worth it although you'd be buying one whether you are gaming on it or not, so take at least £300-400 for a semi decent laptop off of that gaming pc's price tag. Games are mostly cheaper and can be ran at any resolution you find suitable, you can get great indie bundle deals, Kickstarter and other indie developments that may never even make it to console as well as big companies making games such as Arma which would struggle to run on a console at even 30 fps before multiplayer and modding capability is even there.

Last edited:

taco

Reaction score
I totally agree with what everyone says, and one more benefit of the PC is that your PC can play pretty much any game written for a PC that has come out in the last 25 years. Using DOSBOX I still play the original Civilization from time to time just for nostalgia sake. No console that I know if is backward compatible like that.

SirJoe

Reaction score
Computer components are constantly being launched. In the case of consoles you have to wait years before you can get an upgrade. Both Sony and Microsoft are saying that they will replace consoles sooner then they did before, but they can never compete with computers were new components get launched sometimes monthly.

TheViper

Reaction score
I think it goes without saying that PC will always be a step ahead of console gaming. Now, of course individual people may not have the highest powered PC around. That doesn't negate the fact that console's will always be lagging behind what a PC can/will be capable of. That is why a lot of the times these companies show previews of their games running on PC. As they are able to show how it can look to the best of its abilities without limitations.

pwarbi

Reaction score
This argument seems to have been around since the dawn of time, and there will always be a war between the console and the PC gamers as to who is using the best platform. I've always preferred console gaming over PC, and it doesn't matter to me how many people try to convert me over to the PC world, I think I will always be a console gamer at heart, but that's mainly because it's what I've grown up with.

I enjoy playing games, as I've no doubt we all do on here, and so does it really matter on what platform we play them on? Just because you may play on a PC and me on a console doesn't all of a sudden make you superior to me, and in a lot of cases PC gamers do tend to have that mentality.

SirJoe

Reaction score
Performance isn't everything the most important thing is that you fell comfortable with what you are playing with. It's impossible for consoles to keep up with PC's but gaming with a PC is completely different from gaming with a console. I prefer playing on a PC maybe it's because that is the way I started playing, but will play on the console every once in a while.

NotCasual

Reaction score
What you've said is simply not true. You can build one for less than 375, although 375 is still just a dime more than a standard PS4, and a dime less than a 1TB version. For 15$, you can get some rip-off versions of gaming keyboards and mice, which perform just fine for casual gaming, which is what you would be doing on a console anyways.

''A game or two'' No, no game or two. Unless you go for a bundle, which is about 400$.

Ah yes, the OS. You can buy Windows serial keys for about 20$ or less.

Oh, and let's talk about buying games. 60$ a title? Forced to carry around a disc? Good job consoles.

AnonLu

Reaction score
What you've said is simply not true. You can build one for less than 375, although 375 is still just a dime more than a standard PS4, and a dime less than a 1TB version. For 15$, you can get some rip-off versions of gaming keyboards and mice, which perform just fine for casual gaming, which is what you would be doing on a console anyways.

''A game or two'' No, no game or two. Unless you go for a bundle, which is about 400$.

Ah yes, the OS. You can buy Windows serial keys for about 20$ or less.

Oh, and let's talk about buying games. 60$ a title? Forced to carry around a disc? Good job consoles.

Don't be an elitist. That's why many people hold a distaste towards PC gamers.

The average price of a console is $350, if you factor in possibly getting a sale, which happens often. A console comes with the built in OS of course, a controller, and a game (yes, even in the cheapest bundles, comes a game). Build a PC with new parts, keyboard/mouse, and OS, that will perform equal to a console.

$60? Who says you have to pay $60 for a game? You could always buy cheaper games physically, or even digitally. Digital sales on consoles happen more often than maybe you'd like to believe. Don't want to have a disc? Buy digitally.

I'm not saying consoles are "better" than PC's or any bullshit like that. That's all bullshit. Whether you like it or not, people have different preferences and needs. Some people prefer consoles, and that's perfectly fine. Some people prefer PC's, and that's completely fine.

pwarbi

Reaction score
Don't be an elitist. That's why many people hold a distaste towards PC gamers.

The average price of a console is $350, if you factor in possibly getting a sale, which happens often. A console comes with the built in OS of course, a controller, and a game (yes, even in the cheapest bundles, comes a game). Build a PC with new parts, keyboard/mouse, and OS, that will perform equal to a console.

$60? Who says you have to pay $60 for a game? You could always buy cheaper games physically, or even digitally. Digital sales on consoles happen more often than maybe you'd like to believe. Don't want to have a disc? Buy digitally.

I'm not saying consoles are "better" than PC's or any bullshit like that. That's all bullshit. Whether you like it or not, people have different preferences and needs. Some people prefer consoles, and that's perfectly fine. Some people prefer PC's, and that's completely fine.

I have to agree with you, and that response sort of underlines what I was saying about PC gamers. Instead of just playing games on their PC's and letting console players enjoy their consoles, it's as if they always have to try and make a point that their gaming is better than anybody else's. I enjoy turning on my Playstation 4 and Xbox ONE and playing the games I like to play, I couldn't really care less that a PC might be more powerful and I'm certainly not going to be made to feel inferior because of it.

ulfhedin

Reaction score
PC is the Master, The games, even excluded, where created on a PC. Let's also look at the spec's of the PS4 and Xbox one. They are essentially a PC, so why pay for a console system that has limited PC capabilities. The consoles can't be upgraded, unless you void the warranty. They never do backward compatibility anymore on consoles. Though the console may be cheaper, the games are not, especially the exclusive games. Company's are going to use the cheapest materials to build a console, to keep there low price. Company's are about quantity, not quality. Game developers are becoming the same way, this is why games need updates when you buy them brand new. PC's will always be better.

Sino989

Reaction score
Honestly, I am a console player but I'd have to say that PC is better because it is able to run games a lot better than any console can right now so if that's what the master race is then yes, it is.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Well, one good fact to point out is that without PC there probably wouldn't be console games. Console games are made on PC. So, just by saying that, you can easily say that PC is the master race. What gives it a bad name are probably companies that rush their projects and make bad ports. But the amount of thing a single person can actually do on PC compared to what he can do on console gives you the answer already, does it not?

Ipa07

Reaction score
PC is definitely master race. PC lets you build and create your own "console" so for me that makes it master race. You can almost for the same price of consoles(XBOX One and PS4) buy better PC parts and create your own machine.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I believe PC is really the "master race", but not all PCs fit to the criteria. I think if you have a custom PC built and overclocked for gaming, all with the top notch GPUs of this current time and all that, yes you have every right to brag about being part of the master race. Otherwise, if you have a PC that runs like a toaster, then I don't see the point of bragging.

kenoobie

Reaction score
PC Master race? Definitely. What a console could do a PC could definitely do better. The thing with the PC is that you have a box with an enormous amount of potential in your hands. A PC could outperform a console but of course the price would also be higher. Is that price worth paying? That is the question that should definitely be in consideration as a console is definitely cheaper compared to a customized PC. If given a proper budget then a PC would be able to perform the same as a console.

astroroid10293

Reaction score
Although consoles are good, the PC will always be able to perform better than the console. The parts of a PC are constantly being upgraded to create an even better experience for the user, while the parts in a console may be outdated. You can also customise parts within a PC, while the parts within the console are what you're going to be stuck with. The PC can also be used for other purposes other than gaming. Overall, the PC will continue to be better than consoles.