• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Is Gary's mod worth playing with friends?

Beverly

Reaction score
A friend of mine bought Gary's mod via Steam and asked me to buy the game too, so we can play together via Steam. Is Gary's mod worth the investment if you have friends online to play with?

Jack

Founding Member
Reaction score
Of course, it's so fun to play and GameRebels plan to release there servers very soon for Garry's Mod.

Scarsz

Reaction score
On so many levels yes. Garry's Mod *technically* isn't a game, it's an engine for people to build their own game modes off of because it's just the base sandbox part. That reason is why there's so much retarded stuff to do like build a bathtub rocket in sandbox, shoot a prison warden in jailbreak, outrun the death team in deathrun, so on and so forth.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reaction score
Gmod is one of the best games I've ever bought. Currently at nearly 900 hours on steam total play time. I mainly play DarkRP, but there are many other gamemodes on there. DarkRP is the best to play with friends, or even on your own. Or if you want a quick game of something you can play TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) or even Sandbox if you want to build something.. and even if you want to go for something different there are plenty of other gamemodes. The possibilities are endless. If you learn Lua you could even make your own gamemodes.

megatop

Reaction score
Gary's mod is a game worth buying to play with friends. It is a very fun game that provides hours of fun and joy. The best game mode is always the classic known as trouble in terrorist town. Everyone's effort is required and Gary's Mod is a fun game with friends.

Squigly

Reaction score
It's sort of like Minecraft in some ways since you can literally mod anything you want into the game with enough dedication. Also there's the multiplayer element to spice things up. The only thing stopping you in this game is your imagination!

gadin210

Reaction score
Absolutely. But the only downfall it is hard to set up your own server. But follow a tutorial closely and you should get it working. I personally love prop hunt

Frostdr4gon2

Reaction score
I truly believe that the only way to play it is with friends. You can all join a ttt server (Because I like ttt the best) and play around and maybe one of you can host a server with all of your favorite workshop content for GMOD!

gadin210

Reaction score
Garrys mod is awesome and it is so much fun to play with friends. Thats what its for. Its great!

burtpovski

Reaction score
I think Garry's Mod was definitely worth my money. I got mine on sale for $5 during a sale. It's definitely worth playing with your friends because of all the modes that it has. I usually play Prop Hunt and Trouble in Terrorist Town with a couple of my buddies.

Michael

Reaction score
The answer is yes. You can make so many friends playing the game and most of the gamemodes require more then 2 players.

Nemto Tadak

Reaction score
A friend of mine bought Gary's mod via Steam and asked me to buy the game too, so we can play together via Steam. Is Gary's mod worth the investment if you have friends online to play with?

Garry's Mod is a massive sandbox that offers extreme flexibility since you can add-in weapons, NPCs, maps, vehicles, and other elements from virtually every game out there. I was hesitant for a while since there is no "game" per se. You have to go in and create your own scenarios which can be somewhat less fulfilling since you already know what lies ahead. However, your partner will not know, and if they set up the battles scenario you will not know. So, in the end, it can balance out.

I use Garry's Mod as a leap off point to play in Half-Life 2. This gives me unlimited weapons possibilities in a game that is challenging. I have gathered add on maps and weapons from Wolfenstein 3D, Minecraft, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, and scores of others.

If you are creative and enjoy virtual insanity in gaming, it will be quite a bit of fun for you and anyone you play with.