• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

I'm looking for a decent online versus fighting game

lindbergh

Reaction score
Games for mobile devices have grown in number in ways that home consoles could only dream of. There are games for kids, games for teens, for adults, and even for oldies.

There's a wide selection across different genres. Leading the pack are puzzle games galore. But there are also a slew of RPGs, adventure games, FPS shooters and many more.

However, there's one genre that the mobile platform can't seem to penetrate well - the fighting genre. For consoles, there's Tekken and Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. For mobile? There's a MK version that sucks.

Currently, I'm looking for a decent fighting game that offers online PvP. Could you recommend one?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I agree with you. Mobile fighting games can be a bit worse quality but there are still some decent ones. Sure, they aren't the most popular genre out there but neither they are on consoles or computer. Anyway, I have a few recommendations that I hope you will like and check out :)

Here's my list of phone fighting games that are worth checking out:
- EA Sports UFC,
- Injustice God Among Us 2,
- Marvel: Contests of Champions,
- MMA Fighting Clash
- Real Boxing,
- WWE Immortals.

This should keep you busy for a while!

lindbergh

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the suggestions! I'm downloading EA Sports UFC right now and I hope that it would be great. I've already tried Injustice and got bored right away. It doesn't need much strategy to win.

Real boxing on the other hand is the bomb! I've played that game for hours before but only played it offline. When I finished the career mode, I installed it. Does it have an online PvP mode so I can pit my boxer against others? If so, I might be tempted to re-download it.

thart

Reaction score
EA Sports UFC
It's one of the most popular fighting games.

overcast

Reaction score
I think you have seen the games such as - Injustice 1 and Injustice 2. Those two games are really good. And perfectly fits your scenario there. And then there is street fighter game that is worth checking out. I'd say some of the Wii games which you can play in multiplayer are also worth trying for as well.