• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

I think the worst part about terraria is that there's not universal data

GamerCaner

Reaction score
Like if I play all night on my laptop and get a new pickaxe, I'll still be playing with a copper pickaxe on a desktop.
I mean steam is a huge gaming platform with a huge amount of user data, can't they do it with terraria too?
Is there a way to fix this?

globulon

Reaction score
I agree with you, it definitely was a pain when I wanted to continue playing on one world on different machines.

There is a slightly pain-in-the-ass method of transferring characters between computers though. Transferring your player (.plr) file in Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players between computers should let you transfer players between machines. There's probably a way to do this with Worlds too but I'm not aware of it.

RobertNick

Reaction score
The easisest way is to sync the worlds with Dropbox between devices. Works like a charm, tho the sync time is a bit shabby. Works witch character too, I used it when I was playing at work (don't judge me, I was lazy)