• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How to setup a Minecraft server.

Motion

Reaction score
This is a Tutorial for the basic Minecraft Server, not Bukkit.

Things you will need

1. Minecraft - Buy for £16.95 Here - Minecraft Store

If you don't want to buy Minecraft - Google is your friend (Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink)

2. Minecraft Server - Minecraft server

3. Know how to Port Forward. (I cannot teach you as it is different for every router/modem)

Here is a link for Port Forwarding, just look up your Router/Modem
Port Forward Tutorial

4. Your IP - Get it here - Your IP Adress

Now the Actual Tutorial

Step 1. Put the "minecraft_server" you downloaded and put it in a folder somewhere, on its own.

Step 2. Run the "minecraft_server" and let it generate the world, when it says done, just close it off.

Step 3. The folder should then look like this -
Capture.png

Step 4. Open the "server" folder, it will look like this(might be different, old screenshot)
Untitled-1.png

This is the settings of your server, it's more simple than it looks, anything you want you put to true, and anything you don't want you put to false.

Step 5. When your done, got to File>Save. (not save as)

Step 6. Your Done!, Run your server.

How to join your server

For You - Go to Multiplayer on the Minecraft Main Menu, and Click Direct connect, and put in "localhost" and click connect.

For Friends - Go to the IP Address website I linked, and give your friends that, they do exactly the same as you but instead of "localhost" put in the ip you gave them.

Hope this helped, if you have any problems post them below in the comments, I'll be happy to help you.​

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
If you cant port forward use Hamachi i made a tut when i was young ifr you look at my other vids dont take the piss :p i know my voice xD

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
Yes that is true but it is good for just a priv server or something :p just buy a 24/7 one :p best way :D

Travis

Reaction score
I used hamachi so me and my two brothers can play but now they have lan so i juat play on servers that are good like Mrcreaper said 24/7 servers preferrably servers that are paid for