• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How to make Minecraft run on any amount of RAM

Wiz Khalifa

Reaction score
What is the point of this? The point of this tutorial is to speed up minecraft in effect by allowing it to use up more RAM so the game will be less laggy.

Step 1) Move minecraft.exe into 'My Documents'

Step 2) Open Notepad

Step 3) Copy and paste this in notepad

@ECHO OFF
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx7000m -Xms7000m -jar "C:\Users\PCNAMEHERE\Documents\Minecraft.exe"
REMEMBER TO COPY THE QUOTATIONS ASWELL (")

The writing in red is the amount of RAM that is being used by you're pc. As you can tell, mine is running on 7000mb (7gb) of RAM. I have 8GB ram in my PC. So change the numbers in red to whatever amount of RAM you want to allow for minecraft so if you want 2gb of ram put 2000 or if you want 5gb of ram type 5000 ect...

Step 4) Click 'Save As' on notepad and rename it to Minecraft.bat and then select the dropdown menu and select save as 'All Files'.

Step 5) Run the new .bat you have made.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Thanks a ton. I have MC on one of my laptops and it lags a bit. Maybe this can stop the lag or at least decrease it.

Skeptik

Reaction score
Not sure if I should try, .bat can be dangerous.. Please post proof? :)

Wiz Khalifa

Reaction score
Its not dangerous. The only thing that may make it dangerous is if you allocate more RAM than your computer has, which I don't know what happens when you do. I've used this on my laptop and my old desktop and works like a charm.