• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How to build a game without coding?

Scholarkin

Reaction score
House, please I want to ask if I can build a PC or mobile game without coding.
And if a game like such is built, can it be monetized?

overcast

Reaction score
You can use the YoYogames Game maker. It can do the drag and drop game development for you. More complex game requires coding though. I'd say to some extent you can make use of the smallbasic IDE for making the games. It's very simple to use the smallbasic IDE. And it requires minimal amount of code.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, you can try making games using the RPGMaker engines. The one I had way back was RPGMaker VX Ace if I recall the name right, and you only need to purchase once and you can pretty much do whatever you want with the game. I had no knowledge of coding at the time since I was still very young when I had it, but I managed to create simple RPG games with it using the cute sprites it came with. There are a lot of sprites available for different objects by the way, and it came in pre-installed.

DenisHero

Reaction score
Try AppsGeyser or QuickAppNinja.They have a lot of templates to choose from and you can easily monetize with Google banner ads and interstitials.However,you are not given the possibility of modifying a game structure,apart from its looking.
Still fine,and no need any coding.You can publish your app in Google Market or any other.Good to test Admob monetization program or see how much you get per one click.
QuickAppNinja says that some of their users who build a custom app got millions of downloads(games like Guess the brand,logo)

JaiGuru

Reaction score

You can build a game with no coding knowledge by using GameMaker Studio 2.0. It's not free and the free trial is very restrictive, but it's enough to get a feel for the way it works so you'll know if you want to risk the investment. It has the benefit of having a huge and very friendly community of tutorial makers on youtube who can help you make your ideal game. You could also try one of the older versions of RPG Maker, but it is a toy compared to GameMaker.

You can theoretically monetize the games you make with them but your platforms will be limited. Without coding you'll never get super specific in-game mechanics that would set your software apart from others. Even platforms like Steam have green-lighting which require your game to go through a vetting process. I am skeptical a non-coded game could get that far.

overcast

Reaction score
Try AppsGeyser or QuickAppNinja.They have a lot of templates to choose from and you can easily monetize with Google banner ads and interstitials.However,you are not given the possibility of modifying a game structure,apart from its looking.
Still fine,and no need any coding.You can publish your app in Google Market or any other.Good to test Admob monetization program or see how much you get per one click.
QuickAppNinja says that some of their users who build a custom app got millions of downloads(games like Guess the brand,logo)
I don't think appgeyser allows you to control the type of the game you can make. They have standard templates. And they only change few stuff here and there. And that's what makes it harder to rely on their platform. And they can't let you monetize 100%. So I can't say it'd be a good deal in that cases. One has to watch that part out.

sima061

Reaction score
You can use a game maker but I don't think you can make something better without coding. It's always worse quality if you use some kind of platform, whatever it is that you're creating.

iTommy

Reaction score
I think there are many game maker software out there which can help you create games without coding
but i think almost developers know coding to customize everything in their games thus it is better to create games with codes, instead of game maker software.

overcast

Reaction score
You can use a game maker but I don't think you can make something better without coding. It's always worse quality if you use some kind of platform, whatever it is that you're creating.
GameMaker has everything related to code for exporting it into Android apk. But they seem to be having issue of the game limited set of options. Like say facebook logic, google play login etc. Otherwise there are API for the ads. And you can add that into game maker. But it's a lot to process in that form.