• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How many gaming consoles do you have?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I owned a GBA and a PS2 as a kid. Worked my ass off saving money from chores. I did play with a PS1 and I think a SEGA from my uncle (who was a gamer) as a kid, then I moved on to playing the PC and that was that. My GBA is still with me to this day, still functioning; but my PS2 died at around 2011 and I had to leave it behind. I still have the discs but what good are discs without a functioning device, am I right?

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I own a few consoles: an XBOX (very old version), Wii, DS, DSi, 3DS XL, (Very old) Game Boy and a PS4.

castills

Reaction score
I have had a whopping zero, growing up in the PC Master Rave. Gool ol Windows XP was my jam! My family couldn't afford consoles anyway so I would enjoy the glimpses of others playing on them or on the new phone crazy then.

fireball916

Reaction score
Gameboy (White), DS Lite (White), PS2 (Slim), PS3 (Slim), PS4. I still remember getting my Gameboy as a Christmas gift from "Santa" as a child. I played the Harry Potter game for hours. I saved a bunch of money to buy my DS Lite. I remember being so conflicted because it costed so much money and I didn't want to give up all my hard earned money! One of the best most used purchases I've ever made though, good going childhood me! :sunglasses:

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I started with a Gameboy Advance before moving onto the Gameboy SP, the Nintendo DS and now the 3DS. I had a PS2 when I was younger before switching out for an Xbox 360. Now I've got a PC and I really haven't looked back since. It's nice being able to do everything I need in one place including gaming.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Gameboy (White), DS Lite (White), PS2 (Slim), PS3 (Slim), PS4. I still remember getting my Gameboy as a Christmas gift from "Santa" as a child. I played the Harry Potter game for hours. I saved a bunch of money to buy my DS Lite. I remember being so conflicted because it costed so much money and I didn't want to give up all my hard earned money! One of the best most used purchases I've ever made though, good going childhood me! :sunglasses:
The salt is real on my part. But hey, good on you though for being able to play those. I only had "real" gaming capabilities when I got a job since I got to buy my own stuff. As a kid I had to rely on small allowances and saving all I can just to buy those expensive games. But at least I got some Pokemon games for my GBA though. Too bad a week after I got my GBA, the new GBA model was released, and it had lights on the screen so you don't have to need an external light source. I was salty then too.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I have quite a bit of consoles. I have the Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, PS1, N64, PS2, Gamecube, and PS3. Not really into the newer consoles.

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
I've owned several handheld consoles in the past, but at this point I've gotten rid of al of them and now I just game on my computer or on my phone for some games. Since our tax return came in, however, my husband and I have been waiting for a Nintendo Switch to be available near us! He's a huge Zelda nerd and his brother can't stop talking about Breath of the Wild. No luck so far and it's been a while- those things are really and truly sold out.

peachpurple

Reaction score
I have a PS2 at home when my brother -in-law bought it for my son's birthday. They used to play together when we were staying together but after he had moved away, my son plays with me. His favorite was the car racing game but I found playing PS2 makes me giddy as the screen keeps turning left and right as if I am inside the game. I won't be buying any gaming console now since the PS2 is still working well.

WarVet

Reaction score
I have a PS2 at home when my brother -in-law bought it for my son's birthday. They used to play together when we were staying together but after he had moved away, my son plays with me. His favorite was the car racing game but I found playing PS2 makes me giddy as the screen keeps turning left and right as if I am inside the game. I won't be buying any gaming console now since the PS2 is still working well.

Mine is working decently well too even after all those years. The PS2 was the most widely spread console around here mostly due to pirate copies. We could get games as cheap as 5-10 bucks. I had a big box of over one hundred of them and every week i went out with my father to buy new ones. Fun times.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I have given up on gaming consoles. I just sold my PS4 pro because I am giving up spending all my time and money on video games. I am just sticking to Minecraft now and I only play it 1~3hrs per day. I started gaming in 1984 and I bet I spent at least $30k+ on gaming over the years. And I am older now and I have better things to do with my money.

Zyni

Reaction score
We have a couple of old Nintendos collecting dust, and a Gameboy or two that get played on occasion (usually on road trips). The consoles we have that get played regularly are Play Station, PS2, and PS3. We have a pretty good size collection of games that we still enjoy playing. The kids like to get together and do a trip down memory lane sometimes, and get a little competitive over various games too.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Before getting my first PlayStation (PS2) I was playing games mostly on my PC. Ever since I got my PS2 I stopped playing PC games. Some years back my dad went to Dubai and he gifted me a PS3. So far I am very happy with my PS3. I am thinking of buying a PS4 in the future.

mistakenichi

Reaction score
So how many do you have?

I myself only own a PS2, however my parents own a Wii and Nintendo 64, my brother owns a PS3 and my boyfriend owns an Xbox 360 and I tend to play games with all of those consoles. To be honest I don't have a favourite console because there are some games only wii's have and some games only N64 has and so on. Plus sometimes I like different kind of games on different kind of consoles.

So how many consoles do you have?

Same here. I don't have any console. Just my laptop that is not upgraded for gaming purposes and my gf's cellphone, that counts?
Well, I have none but I think I have a lot:
My cousin have PS3's and a friend have and XBOX 360. Pretty good games in that consoles: Assassin's Creed, Racedriver Grid, Killzone... well, but if you wanna play Piano Tiles or similar simple games you have to use the cellphone or run an emulator on a PC. I guess the same philosophy can be extended to others consoles. I also played PSP for a long time: NFS Most Wanted, what times. Also, one of my students have a PS4 (I teach at home), I've seen him playing GTA V, and heard the controller's sound with a childish surprised face. He offered me to play one of this days... When you have no console there are a lot of consoles out there waiting for you (?).

I guess the best console is a powerful upgraded PC with outstanding emulators (never at the same level as the last consoles but still good).

fishmonk

Reaction score
I currently own a PS4. I sold or gave away my older consoles. As for Nintendo, I got tired of Pokemon so I am not getting any since I rarely play other games on 3DS.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I have a PlayStation 4, Nintendo 3DS and an old PSP/PS1/PS2/PS3 :D

WarVet

Reaction score
Before getting my first PlayStation (PS2) I was playing games mostly on my PC. Ever since I got my PS2 I stopped playing PC games. Some years back my dad went to Dubai and he gifted me a PS3. So far I am very happy with my PS3. I am thinking of buying a PS4 in the future.
Did you experience the piracy era over there? When I was a kid there were pirated PS2 games everywhere. We could get a game for less than a fourth of the original value. Needless to say that everyone had a PS2 and this era marked the childhood of many. When the PS3 came along though Bluray media put an end to this.

augusta

Reaction score
My brothers are great gamers so the joke with the latest consoles which I used to think it pretty waste of money when we can still game with our Pc.I think we have up to 5 Pstation