• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How many games do you own?

WarVet

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't played a majority of the games I own. To be fair, I went crazy with Steam sales when I was in high school some 5 or 6 years ago. Since then, I rarely spend money on games, and typically only when I know I'll play them. Anymore, I'm like you in that gaming is not a priority in my life. I keep telling myself I'll catch up on all the games I have, but we'll see if that every happens.

We all had years like that bro. I bought my first PS3 as soon as it came out. I spent 2000 bucks on it.(Around 650 dollars in today's currency) Back then it was the purchase of my life. High-quality gaming and all that. Nowadays I wouldn't spend a quarter of that in a game. Life changes, we have other priorities (Job, Family, Girlfriend). The important thing is to know when to stop and how much your money is worth since it never comes easy.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
Quite frankly not that much anymore. My Steam account is quite small. However once upon a time I had a physical library of video games that took up entire shelves and walls. I was really into gaming in the 90's-early 00's and got tons as gifts and whatnot from everybody. Had a huge collection of 80's stuff too, but they weren't ones I actually played much. Mid 00's got jobs in fields that put me in line of really cool stuff and so I really expanded my library astronomically for a few years prior to moving. I pretty much had every worthwhile RPG game from those years of every console conceivable and collector's editions to boot at one point in time. After that stuff got sold off I didn't have the heart to recollect them since my current life situation puts me in a very mobile lifestyle. Can't lug around entire libraries with me haha.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Far more than I'll ever play. Stupid steam sales and indie bundles.
It's become a game of some sort when there's a sale. Like, "how many can you get with your current budget" and all that. Then the cards come into play which you can sell too for more funds, which leads to more games which leads to more cards. It's an endless cycle and having your library looking stacked really feels great when you look at it for some reason. It's like they made purchasing fun and you end up giving them a lot of money for a game that they made up. Weird.

Okaviator

Reaction score
I would say that I have around 20 games in total for my PS3. However, I've been more of a mobile gamer recently. Up to date, I have around 70 apps/games on my iPhone 7.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Man, that would be a lot lol. I've had a lot of consoles, handsets, and several PCs over the course of my life. I've never really kept track, but if I had to count them all them it would probably end up around 350-400 games. I had a LOT of Playstation One games back then as my cousins would often give me the games they've already finished (and I have quite a good amount of cousins lol).

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
I just realised today how much money I must have spent on games over the years and wondered how many games you own right now? Including games for all consoles you might have and also PC.

I reckon I own about 30 but probably only play about 5 of them regularly now.

To be specific and precise, I've bought so many games both online and offline in the last ten years and some of these games have got damaged already, but noticed that the video and computer games lasted so long and are still intact. Checking my video game room now, I could find a lot of games therein and I'm sure they're more than 50 in number.