• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How foes gaming help you?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Playing games is a big addiction but if done in a limited and balanced manner it helps a lot in maintaining the proper state of mind.

For me playing games is a very big stress reliever. It allows me to avail the much needed and so called ME time. It is an all time stress buster for me.

For others it might act as a energy booster or a free time killer. What is the impact of gaming in your life?

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Gaming help relaxes me, it also helps make me a bit more intelligent then others in school by learning new things online or definitions of words.

Sino989

Reaction score
I would say that gaming helps me by keeping me busy when I have nothing to do and giving me something to do when I am bored out of my mind lol.

Denis_P

Reaction score
It would depend on the genre of game but I could definitely say gaming has helped me in several ways, in some ways that I hadn't even realized!

For one thing, playing video games since I was a kid has given me pretty exceptional hand-eye coordination and reflexes. I know it's specifically because of gaming since I know many other lifelong gamers who have had similar results as well.

The other way it's helped is by just being an overall stress reliever. If I'm playing a good game that is very immersive, it means I get to be swept away into a world that is free of my real problems and gives me some time to just take a breath and enjoy something. The added bonus is that unlike drugs or alcohol it's perfectly healthy!

kenoobie

Reaction score
Playing games helps me by keeping me engaged. It helps with my critical thinking as I usually play games like strategy games, ccg and tactical games. Playing games also helps me relieve some stress and focus it to something creative instead.

Linen

Reaction score
I primarily view gaming as stress relief and fun more than anything else. I'm aware certain genres can benefit various aspects of your life, but I don't feel like I play many games that would actually challenge me, or benefit me, outside of the game itself. Perhaps that's just my own lack of awareness, however.

I used to read a lot of books when I was younger, but plenty of games nowadays have stories that are just as in-depth as any fictional book can be, though constructed in a different way and - arguably - a lot more exciting, as you're partially controlling it. (Though I'll still definitely crack open a book when I've the time for it!)

Gladdy

Reaction score
Gaming is all about fun for me. I don't also mind a bit of healthy competition but the percentage would be 90% fun, 10% competition. I always enjoyed gaming, ever since I was a child so it was just something that became part of me and who I am.

I love gaming for different reasons and that depends on the game itself. Overall, it is definitely a good entertainment and stress reliever. It takes me into this completely new world where I can just relax, be myself and play a game that I choose to. For those few hours per day, I can forget about any real life problems and enjoy to the fullest. And also, it is a great way to play with my friends that are avid gamers as well!

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Gaming help relaxes me, it also helps make me a bit more intelligent then others in school by learning new things online or definitions of words.

A nice point. Why do people play games in general? To get rid of boredom? I don't really think so. I think people play them because they enjoy them. Games can be quite addictive. And every game might have something that will keep someone playing it. P2W games stand out a lot as lots of people like to feel they are above others, they would give money just to get something better than others have and brag about it. The very reason most of P2W games survive. Keeping out the general non competitive games with payments out of this, though.

StolenKid

Reaction score
Gaming relaxes me, that's the advantage it has on me, whenever I'm stressed or get back home after work, I just play like 2 or 3 hours just to let go the stress of the day.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Gaming is my hobby. I have to play my favorite games daily. I am addicted to certain games. Gaming is a stress reliever for me. It helps me forget about my worries. I have also made many new friends due to gaming. This has proved to be very beneficial to me as at times I can't afford to buy some games and my friends usually lend them to me. Those friends also recommend me as to whether I must buy a certain game or not. I made some very good friends due to gaming.
I have downloaded a new game on my phone today named "Four Pics Four Words". I feel that this game will help me develop my thinking skills.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Gaming is more for relaxation in my case. Strolling through beautiful scenery, getting into battles every now and then, doing quests and saving the world; I think that's a great way to spend my free time because the real world is just too mundane. You wake up, you go to work, you go back to sleep. With games you can instantly be transported in a different universe and all at a press of a button.