• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How does gaming affect your personal life?

Thammy

Reaction score
Gaming has enhanced my decision making skill in real life..I'm mostly swift at making decisions and they are mostly accurate or almost accurate because nobody is perfect. Gaming has also helped create a bonding factor with strangers especially when the interest of gaming is a mutual gaming genre

lindbergh

Reaction score
Err. Welp, currently, gaming has negatively affected my personal life. Specifically, my love life. My girl doesn't want me to play mobile games whenever I'm with her. She also doesn't like it if I don't sleep early because of video games.

Aside from that, I love video games because they're pretty good time wasters if I don't have anything better to do. Did they ever teach me anything about life? Uhh... Nope.

peachpurple

Reaction score
Gaming has enhanced my decision making skill in real life..I'm mostly swift at making decisions and they are mostly accurate or almost accurate because nobody is perfect. Gaming has also helped create a bonding factor with strangers especially when the interest of gaming is a mutual gaming genre

I agree with you. gaming helped me to think in advance of the consequences , just alike the chess game, you have to think what is the possible next step the opponent might take, how you can counter attack and win the game.

streettallest

Reaction score
When I look back at how gaming has affected my personal life, I will say its positive. It has helped me to beore organized. Socially also , gaming has helped me to me a lot of brilliant guys. I have made sure am deciplined with my time for gaming and this has really helped me.

valy

Reaction score
I would say that gaming is affecting my personal life by taking my spare time. I'm playing games on my PC and I don't have too much time to do something else, between my job, family, playing games online is not remaining too much spare time. Playing games it helps me to relax and forget about my problems as well!

Denis_P

Reaction score
Well, if I'm being honest I don't have much going on in terms of a personal life. Not looking for pity by the way, I've made the personal choice to live a mostly solitary life because I'm happiest alone for now. That being said, I'd say video games have both positively and negatively impacted my personal life over the years. Growing up, my video gaming habits were a source of constant argument among my parents. My mom felt it wasn't a big deal that I played video games as long as I got good grades in school, but my dad that it was a stupid waste of time and money.

On the bright side, video games have been wonderful icebreakers when getting to know people both off and online. It's a common passion that millions of us share these days.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
It enriches my personal life, for the most part. I like to play games with other people. I am most drawn to social experiences like World of Warcraft, Minecraft, or online tournament styled play where communication with your team is part of doing well. I can get a bit cloistered if I get myself entrenched in a good single player RPG, but it doesn't last too long. I get to missing having that company and wander out of my game den.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Gaming has been a great stress reliever for me for many years. But gaming is quickly becoming a pastime for me. The older I get the less important gaming has become for me. I would much rather be doing more rewarding things in life like spending time with my wife and going to the moves, going out to dinner, going to the park, reading a good book, spending time with friends and family. None of which were possible when I was addicted to gaming.

Jameson

Reaction score
We'll as for me, I don't think games have really impacted me that much. I play games for entertainment,and thus, I would say that they relax my mind.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Err. Welp, currently, gaming has negatively affected my personal life. Specifically, my love life. My girl doesn't want me to play mobile games whenever I'm with her. She also doesn't like it if I don't sleep early because of video games.

Aside from that, I love video games because they're pretty good time wasters if I don't have anything better to do. Did they ever teach me anything about life? Uhh... Nope.
Dude, I think that you should talk with the people, it is not nice if you are playing games when you are with someone, just imagine that you are in a restaurant with your girlfriend in a romantic dinner and you want to get laid, so you treat her right and you act generous, but she spend the hole dinner playing with her phone, it is not nice, so try to interact with the people!

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I think that gaming has changed me and I have done bad things, like being late for appointments, but this is good, a little of gaming is not bad, and more if you enjoy playing your favorite games, I love to get home and play a little bit, I have to make holes in my schedule to play, but it is good for me.

StolenKid

Reaction score
Gaming has a positive effect on me, it has helped me with stress and go through the day to day routine, it helps me a lot to flow my daily stress, as I said before, it has a positive effect on me.

reginafalange

Reaction score
I think gaming in some point is good as it helps to improve your level of concentration, how to solve problems in the moment and how to do team work, which is really important to learn to do as you can apply this in your work place.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Mostly it doesn't, in both positive and negative way: it's just a hobby, I share it with some people, but it doesn't have a huge impact on my life. Sure, my relationship with many of my friends grew strong thanks to gaming, but we would be friends anyway. I never met anyone thanks to gaming, and my life is as fine as ever. I just like videogames, that's it!

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Gaming doesn't necessarily affect my daily life as much as it used to. In high school, my life tended to revolve around gaming, and spending my evenings and weekends in front of the TV or computer screen. Anymore I game very casually after work three or four days a week as a stress reliever. I guess you could say gaming affects my life in that it allows me to cool down after a long day anymore.

Jeric

Reaction score
I agree that games can help with socializing and they have helped in in the aspect in my life also, for I am happy being alone most of the time, however sometimes I like to chat with people but not really stay friends with them or hang out in R/l so I think online games are great for that, I have also made some really long time friends playing online games, that we meet a few times in real life and stay in touch. On the other hand, I think gaming is also bad for me, it can raise my anxiety level and if I really get into a game I will forget to eat, or take meds when I am on them. or I will stay up and not sleep then have to go to work with a few hours or no sleep.

WarVet

Reaction score
I have learned a great deal from video games. I think that the most important thing that I learned from video games was English (My second language). I also learned a lot about firearms and about history too. Overall I can say that video games taught me quickly (And very fun too) things that I would learn in a much longer time and through boring methods.

surlaw

Reaction score
It's impacted my personal life in that it gives me and my friends / me and my significant other something to bond over. Other than that, it hasn't impacted my life much. I've never been the sort of person to get really addicted to video games, so I've never had to worry about it taking over my life. For me, it's impacted my personal life really positively and helped me connect with people I love.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Before, gaming has a negative effect on my personal life because I'm a sore looser. Now, it taught me self-control and self awareness. It's just a game.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Playing strategy games have helped me to develop my problem solving and analytical skills. Gaming has also helped me to meet other people and discuss about games and other issues. I have made many new friends and we usually share our games with each other. However at a certain point gaming distanced me from my family. I was spending too much time in front of my PlayStation and not really communicating and spending time with my family. I can say that I have been able to get rid of this gaming addiction now and I have been spending more time with my family.