• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How do you feel about the ranked games

valy

Reaction score
I used to play ranked games but I gave up in time because playing a ranked game is stressful. I am losing streaks and sometimes am unable to perform as good as I do in normals due to being nervous. And when I finally win I am afraid to play another game because of the fear of losing one after that and losing my momentum.
So I prefer to play any other game, I like to enjoy playing and not be irritated all the time!

fishmonk

Reaction score
I used to play ranked games but I gave up in time because playing a ranked game is stressful. I am losing streaks and sometimes am unable to perform as good as I do in normals due to being nervous. And when I finally win I am afraid to play another game because of the fear of losing one after that and losing my momentum.
So I prefer to play any other game, I like to enjoy playing and not be irritated all the time!
I understand this feeling. As someone who plays the game after work, I tend to want to relax and have fun. I only head for ranked games after one or two normal games to prepare myself. Otherwise, it is hard for me to be in the 'zone' to fight for MMR points.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Nah, too toxic. I play ranked before and I'm playing carry because I don't trust my team when they play carry. But guess what happens? I pick first carry, then these 4 noobtards pick carry too. So no support and tank. Instant GG. But by somehow your enemy team is more stupid than your 4 mates are, then you might have a chance. But mostly? No. Instant lose. Damn cancers.
Ah yes. The all-carry team. Then they proceed to get their asses kicked at early game, couldn't farm, and the game ends in 21 minutes. Fun times. I always do support because nobody wants to, and the team really needs a full support since they need map awareness, support items, healing items, and honestly, bait lmao. But I don't mind dying if it meant the team wins and our carries get fed.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Ah yes. The all-carry team. Then they proceed to get their asses kicked at early game, couldn't farm, and the game ends in 21 minutes. Fun times. I always do support because nobody wants to, and the team really needs a full support since they need map awareness, support items, healing items, and honestly, bait lmao. But I don't mind dying if it meant the team wins and our carries get fed.
Nowadays, I tend to play only on certain timings to have proper ranked matches. At lower ranks, some people can still lose to late-game lineups because they never capitalise on their peak timings.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Nowadays, I tend to play only on certain timings to have proper ranked matches. At lower ranks, some people can still lose to late-game lineups because they never capitalise on their peak timings.
Yeah, well once I qualified to play ranked games that's the only games I play, since I feel doing non-ranked matches is a waste of time since win or lose, it doesn't really affect your MMR. Only time I do those is when I haven't played in a while (months) and trying to get back into it. Learn the new rules and all that. But after that, it's only right that I waste an hour of my time for either a win or a loss on ranked. Nothing else matters.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Right. I don't mind dying also whenever I play a support role. But what makes me stop supporting is when those noob carries are always feeding. And they always complain for wards and sentries. They don't even give a flying fvck about minimap. Hahaha. I just laugh and whenever I see that it's hopeless, I just stop supporting and mute them all. Fun times, even now I guess.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Right. I don't mind dying also whenever I play a support role. But what makes me stop supporting is when those noob carries are always feeding. And they always complain for wards and sentries. They don't even give a flying fvck about minimap. Hahaha. I just laugh and whenever I see that it's hopeless, I just stop supporting and mute them all. Fun times, even now I guess.
Nobody wants to ward. The new ones always want to be the hero that kills everyone. Nobody gives credit to the support lol. If your team loses, the support didn't do his job right. If the team wins, the carries won it for the team. But hey, it's my MMR so I really want a well functioning team, and if that means full support all game, then so be it.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Nobody wants to ward. The new ones always want to be the hero that kills everyone. Nobody gives credit to the support lol. If your team loses, the support didn't do his job right. If the team wins, the carries won it for the team. But hey, it's my MMR so I really want a well functioning team, and if that means full support all game, then so be it.

Yeah, that often happens with pubs. Some players pick support heroes and only buys supporting items worth less than 1000 gold for a game. As a support, it's not only about warding but also knowing how to stack, pull and rotate when necessary. I see most supports think that their job is staying in a lane even when there are opportunities to kill or roam.

m33kuh

Reaction score
So true. I had this game before which I can't really forget until now. So we are in picking mode right. Then first pick boom, LION. So we are like awesome bruh, thanks for the support pick, commend later, etc etc. But then he said, 'me mid, giff 2 tangos or ill feed'. And I was like, here we go again. It's like a normal scene in the 2k - 4k MMR scene. They saw Miracle- doing it so they think they can do it. FFS.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
So true. I had this game before which I can't really forget until now. So we are in picking mode right. Then first pick boom, LION. So we are like awesome bruh, thanks for the support pick, commend later, etc etc. But then he said, 'me mid, giff 2 tangos or ill feed'. And I was like, here we go again. It's like a normal scene in the 2k - 4k MMR scene. They saw Miracle- doing it so they think they can do it. FFS.
Yup, they watch a pro game and they think they're better than everyone else. For watching. Like when a Pudge makes 1 hook out of 20 attempts and he now compares himself to pro players. Part of why I stopped playing is when people experiment on ranked. Then when they fail, they start blaming people or they instantly quit the game, leaving it 4 vs 5 which we all know is instant death, since nobody can beat 4 vs 5. You can try, but that one less player in clash would mean that you are out 4 skills and 6 items to be used. Screw those players.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yup, they watch a pro game and they think they're better than everyone else. For watching. Like when a Pudge makes 1 hook out of 20 attempts and he now compares himself to pro players. Part of why I stopped playing is when people experiment on ranked. Then when they fail, they start blaming people or they instantly quit the game, leaving it 4 vs 5 which we all know is instant death, since nobody can beat 4 vs 5. You can try, but that one less player in clash would mean that you are out 4 skills and 6 items to be used. Screw those players.
Some of the players are just kids. I lost a game the other day as a player was triggered by another teammate who kept spamming, 'zzz'. He just headed for Dire's jungle and fed repetitively. There's nothing we could do to prevent him from killing himself. Needless to say, we ended up losing the game and MMR.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Some of the players are just kids. I lost a game the other day as a player was triggered by another teammate who kept spamming, 'zzz'. He just headed for Dire's jungle and fed repetitively. There's nothing we could do to prevent him from killing himself. Needless to say, we ended up losing the game and MMR.
And the best you can do is to report. They'll still play games and they will still ruin games because they are not competent enough for the rank they want. I have no idea how some players get to their MMR sometimes. I just assume they paid someone to boost their account since they just absolutely suck at it, and they use the same character over and over. I remember this guy who I unluckily had to be paired with for multiple games; he always picked Tinker and the items never really clicked. He just kept losing mid, blaming everyone for not helping, and then rage quits. Then I start a new game, he's there again. WTF.

fishmonk

Reaction score
And the best you can do is to report. They'll still play games and they will still ruin games because they are not competent enough for the rank they want. I have no idea how some players get to their MMR sometimes. I just assume they paid someone to boost their account since they just absolutely suck at it, and they use the same character over and over. I remember this guy who I unluckily had to be paired with for multiple games; he always picked Tinker and the items never really clicked. He just kept losing mid, blaming everyone for not helping, and then rage quits. Then I start a new game, he's there again. WTF.
Yeah. The matchmaking system is wonky. Nowadays, I rather play party ranked games. There is a certain timing to look out for when the kids are not playing. I can accept losses if we tried our best but losing due to some raging kid is really lame.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah. The matchmaking system is wonky. Nowadays, I rather play party ranked games. There is a certain timing to look out for when the kids are not playing. I can accept losses if we tried our best but losing due to some raging kid is really lame.
Yeah, it's mostly high school kids that are toxic. The younger ones never go past at least 3k MMR. The toxic ones are those who play around the time school ends, in the afternoon, so I mostly avoid playing then. Best time for me to play is at 11PM or over since they would probably be asleep by then lmao.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Ah, same with me man. I hate it when people experiment heroes or items on ranked gaming. It's like, why the hell would you even do that? You are already in the trench and yet these noobs experiment with craps that they can't even pull off. Jez. GG Ez mid EZ MMR.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Ah, same with me man. I hate it when people experiment heroes or items on ranked gaming. It's like, why the hell would you even do that? You are already in the trench and yet these noobs experiment with craps that they can't even pull off. Jez. GG Ez mid EZ MMR.
lmao and then there's someone who's obviously playing at a computer shop and is running out of time before his class starts. Then he would feed the enemy then quit without telling people. That's the crappiest type, intentional feeders because they don't have time or because they had poor internet connection. Like, why would you play RANKED when you know your time or internet can't handle at least an hour of game time? Why torture everyone in your team?

fishmonk

Reaction score
lmao and then there's someone who's obviously playing at a computer shop and is running out of time before his class starts. Then he would feed the enemy then quit without telling people. That's the crappiest type, intentional feeders because they don't have time or because they had poor internet connection. Like, why would you play RANKED when you know your time or internet can't handle at least an hour of game time? Why torture everyone in your team?
These kids don't care whether they lose MMR. It's kinda like you need to win a lottery to get proper team when playing solo ranked nowadays.

WarVet

Reaction score
These kids don't care whether they lose MMR. It's kinda like you need to win a lottery to get proper team when playing solo ranked nowadays.

Part of the reason why I abandoned MMOs Selfish and immature people. I have to say though that I have quit in the middle of matches before not because I wanted to but because internet connection sucks around here and it always goes down for no apparent reason. When I connect back damn game is lost.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but whenever I see toxic players I easily lose my appetite in playing or even continuing the game. Do you know the feeling of having to continue and waste your time playing that current game because you can't quit since you will be having abandons and low priority and stuff? Whatever you do, you will still lose the game because of those toxic abominations. I sometimes think that if only I just watched some memes I wouldn't be wasting my time rather than playing and losing with these murlocs. >.>

yoyoalben0

Reaction score
Cancer! Especially in Solo MMR! The best choice to win on Solo mmr is to adjust for your teammates. Most of the players from 3k to 4k has this mentality of playing normal match, you'll see less of players that will pick support at first picks. So if you really wanted to win, you must adjust to your teammates. The system of this is completely wrong in my opinion, Rating a player from how good they are from ranked game is completely wrong.