• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How do you buy your games?

Where do you buy your games?

• Digital download

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Retail store

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Both

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

airfightermax

Reaction score
What you say is totally true, but what if the price is high ? I have always wanted to buy Rocksmith (Guitar game) but the price is so high for me. So I was desperate looking for the copy on the net.
I guess in some cases the prices are absurdly high... You can wait for sales though and Steam conducts sales pretty often. Humble bundles also come in mind.

I do not think pricey games justify pirating them, but I totally understand your point.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I use Steam to get most of my games. I usually wait for a sale though so I don't just go around buying everything I want.

There's also humblebundles that I frequent. They have bundles that you could get for really cheap. They provide you the steam code for each game you buy from them then you activate it directly on Steam.

I am not familiar with STEAM, so thanks for mentioning this here, and I am going to look into that and into humblebundles to start collecting more games. I need to broaden my gaming experience--I was a huge gamer when I was younger, then got away from it, so now I am just getting back into enjoying the gaming culture in my forties.

Deathisue

Reaction score
When I was younger and and we have simple times, I went to the nearest games store to find the new releases that I found in the magazines and it was a very good experience, one that only a child could have in his youth, now everything is a little more mechanical but simple, now I buy my games in steam, with simple way and without many problems.

Khalil A

Reaction score
I guess in some cases the prices are absurdly high... You can wait for sales though and Steam conducts sales pretty often. Humble bundles also come in mind.

I do not think pricey games justify pirating them, but I totally understand your point.
May god stop poverty :D all over the world ! Thanks for understanding mate. When I get my job I buy it !

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Online, like 100% of the time nowadays. Most of them are on Steam, but I buyed a few times also on GoG, or on others stores that offered a Steam key - not pirated russian keys, legit sites.
I bought a few games on Origins and Uplay too, but just because they weren't avalaible anywhere else.
I never buy retail games anymore... not enough space!

mcbryan

Reaction score
I only buy games in a retail store like in the malls. I never tried Steam but most of my friend already using it to buy lots of games. Maybe I should try it to see the difference. Since I started buying games going to store is the only way I know. I feel safer and attach to the game if I bought it personally myself in the store. The advantage of trying the games in their console before you buy it is the best part in the store I believe.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I only buy games in a retail store like in the malls. I never tried Steam but most of my friend already using it to buy lots of games. Maybe I should try it to see the difference. Since I started buying games going to store is the only way I know. I feel safer and attach to the game if I bought it personally myself in the store. The advantage of trying the games in their console before you buy it is the best part in the store I believe.
I understand, buying the physical copies of the games feels more "personal" to me. Also the instant trials you get by playing it on their Console first is very fun!

I do not buy actual copies anymore though, I do not have enough space in my room to have physical copies. I try to buy physical copies of special edition though, they're like memorabilia to me! :D

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, here in my country is very difficult to pay in dollars to buy a game on this platforms like Steam or Origin, but I like to buy the games with their CD, I like to buy from amazon and from the stores in my town, sometimes I buy my games with some people that sell it digital.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I used to always love buying the physical copies of games... even when the initial digitalization began and people were hyped about being able to buy games over the internet. I stuck with physical CDs for years because it always gave you a special feeling when you held the game's box in your hand's and went through the manual (they used to be really informative). But I have switched over to buying the digital versions. Around 90% of my games are digital. The only recent physical games that I do have are for my PS4 and they are all used/second hand.

Digital is just way cheaper. You can even easily buy game keys and save even more money.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I prefer to buy games at online stores, because they're released sooner than anywhere, also, using an online stores gives me access to the complete catalog of the company, even if the game has been bought a lot, the store doesn't get ran out of it and everyone can buy their own copy.

reginafalange

Reaction score
I usually buy games on Steam because it's fast and I don't have to go anywhere to a store or anything like that, I can buy what I want sitting in front of my computer at home.

Thammy

Reaction score
I get my games at nearby stores, but on rear occasions..another option for getting games for me is ebay/amazon.. I tend to get cool offers on there, then i choose the best..but what i Mostly do is i exchange previously purchased games with my friends, to be honest. Major motive here is to manage resources