• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How do you buy your games?

Where do you buy your games?

• Digital download

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Retail store

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Both

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

thart

Reaction score
I'm not always buy games, but when i want to buy one, i buy it from gamestop and amazon.

NotCasual

Reaction score
Kinguin. They're almost always cheaper than Steam, sometimes even during the Steam summer sales. They sell keys which you can redeem on Steam and it'll be added to your steam library as if you've bought it on Steam. Some old AAA games go as low as 5USD while they're still 40 on the Steam store, like Total War Attila for example. Physical stores such as GameStop are pointless now and should shut down like Blockbuster did. I don't even have a CD drive anymore...

Pixie06

Reaction score
I buy my games online and in stores too. However recently one of my friends has started selling his used games at discounted prices. I also buy from him now. I have always liked to keep a physical copy of my favorite games. There are so many new games that I want to purchase right now. However the problem is that I have to wait for some time. I have some projects to complete. I know there are some discounts available but I won't be able to benefit from it.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I always go for digital download as I find it more convenient and it has more sales than game stores in my country. Although I do think it's really nice to have a hard copy of the game, I just find it too expensive at times compared to steam (especially during steam sales). There are games that are simply not on steam though, so I'd have to buy them from the game store.

overcast

Reaction score
Some of the time I go for the digital download. And some of the time I choose to have the local purchase. But these days mostly through the steam games. If it's not through this then there is not much chance of purchase for me. Indie Game Bundle is something I look forward to when buying the stuff at the low cost after STEAM.

Empire

Reaction score
I used to buy it on discs for some years, Mostly since my internet connection that I had was so crap that I can not download other then when I Was at collage and then it was blocked. I got GTA5 on disc set. Out of all my list I have like six to seven disc of games that I have right now and I did got ride of allot. That is why I didn't have much games then like I have now.

Since things chnage over the years I know have good internet download speed to get digital download and I no longer buy it from an store. I buy it online and download it. It's more faster, cheaper, won't loss it unless your account get's hacked and also install is little easy get can be allot slower then discs since the download speed can be good or bad.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I usually buy them through Steam, especially if they are on sale. You end up saving so much during the summer sales or even the winter sales as well. I only go to buy games at the retail store for my consoles as I'm not really a big fan of buying them online console wise. It's just I've grown up with buying discs and games as the store that I wouldn't really want to give up that enjoyment.

Moaz

Reaction score
Well I have many ways to do so, Sometimes I trade with my friends the games, for example I give him Assassin's creed: Unity for GTA V.
And buy them from the store in front of my house.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I almost always buy a physical copy of the game when I can and will do so for as long as I can, but that's in regards to console games. PC games, I'm on the fence about. I mean I do like having a physical copy of the game but I sort of like the system some games are running as in they have the standard game as a download and then you can chose what modules to buy and add to the game.
Virtual games are great. All you just need is the password and you can access it on any computer on the planet. Once you buy it, or once you got it for free, it stays in your library permanently. You get virtual trading cards when playing which you can either collect or sell to the market, you can even get virtual items on online games which again you can sell or keep. It's a pretty good deal; you can also refund games that you didn't like as long as you do it soon enough.

goldlady

Reaction score
Digital distribution is now the best way to buy games! I started using Steam and nowadays I keep using it because it is definitely much more easier. You have a lot of more options and you can even buy the games for a better price!

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I buy everything on digital download. I use to buy all my games at Gamestop and then I would trade in my old games for new games when I didnt have any money. And then I would have no old games left. But now I have all my old games since I buy everything on digital download.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I use Steam to get most of my games. I usually wait for a sale though so I don't just go around buying everything I want.

There's also humblebundles that I frequent. They have bundles that you could get for really cheap. They provide you the steam code for each game you buy from them then you activate it directly on Steam.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
Just a fun little question. Since digital distribution through services like Steam and Origin have become a lot more easier to use in the recent years, I have started using digital distribution services like Steam almost exclusively, since the games are often cheaper and easier to buy, especially during Steam's sales where I end up purchasing a lot of games, some of which I even forget about. :p
Steam also has a lot of community features which I find very useful, which is also an another plus over retail games.

So, do you buy your games from a retail store or as a digital download?
I use digital downloads for the most part. My boys damage to many of the physical discs. Every now and then I might buy the game disc if it's a game that only I am gonna pay, used games are usually cheaper on disc than they are as a digital download.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I generally order my games online--I do buy them used sometimes, if there is a good deal or find at a Gaming outlet or thrift store--but usually I order them online and I tend to budget a month or so out for upcoming games which I have been excited about or anticipating playing.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I do both. If I happen to be in town and see a game I like, I would purchase it. I also pre-order games all the time via retail store. Then of course I use digital download & purchase my games via Steam and origin. I actually mostly use Origin a lot now because of the recent games they have like Reckoning.
I also do both. If I found a particular game I am searching for is available in my nearby market I go and purchase it. I do get games on internet. Some are available free to some sites and others I purchase online. Stream and origin both are good to get new games.

peachpurple

Reaction score
I buy my PC and PS games at retail shop. There are many shops selling pirate CDs here at a very cheap price and most of the CDs games are hacked password, so no worries at all. Original CDs are very expensive. Furthermore, games go outdated very fast. No point keeping the originals.

surlaw

Reaction score
Steam and Humble Bundle. I'm always checking Humble Bundle for new deals - they have more than just games. I've gotten all kinds of different software from them for just a little over a dollar! Steam is the classic choice, I think, for just about any PC gamer. It's convenient and, honestly, I don't know of many other places to get games. I've heard of Green Man Gaming, but never checked it out. Is it any better than Steam?

Khalil A

Reaction score
I have never bought a game on internet, because I wasn't familiar with buying in internet in general. In the real life, I just buy a copy and it costs basically 1$ to 4$ as a maximum amount.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I buy my PC and PS games at retail shop. There are many shops selling pirate CDs here at a very cheap price and most of the CDs games are hacked password, so no worries at all. Original CDs are very expensive. Furthermore, games go outdated very fast. No point keeping the originals.
Doing this hurts the game developers though. Piracy is as bad as stealing and I do not recommend buying pirated games.

Support the developers if you like their games!

Khalil A

Reaction score
Doing this hurts the game developers though. Piracy is as bad as stealing and I do not recommend buying pirated games.

Support the developers if you like their games!
What you say is totally true, but what if the price is high ? I have always wanted to buy Rocksmith (Guitar game) but the price is so high for me. So I was desperate looking for the copy on the net.