• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Hi buddies

IkaBula

Reaction score
Well hello everyone.

A bit of a backstory I guess. I'm an older dude, who used to game in highschool. The most recent console I've really played (and not extensively by any means at all) would be the Wii, and the most recent I've owned would be the PS2.

Though what brings me to this forum is my renewed vigour after finding my Nintendo 64, and controlled and games in a box when I last moved house still working. I've been playing Mario Kart 64, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye and Gauntlet Legends on an endless loop when I'm not at work, and the kids are tucked into bed.

But I've also had a realisation that soon, my kids will be old enough to be getting into their generation defining games and I need to be ready for that rather than being the old school parent who knows nothing about 2017 that I already am.

So I'm here to learn, but also discuss the oldschool games that I've always loved.

Hi everyone.

peachpurple

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie too. I had just joined in today. Although I am not as young as you are, I have two kids who are fans of playing apps game on smartphones. I had also played time management and word games which kills my spare time and enhance my timing too. Actually, parents should play games too. Never too old to play anything.

clinkguts

Reaction score
Hey, Ikabula!!
You will find all type of gamers here, from the new generation ones to the older ones. This community is a blend of all type of people from various places. This is what makes GR special for me.
Welcome to the community and may you become a rebel :)

iTommy

Reaction score
Hey IkaBula,

Welcome to the forum.

This is a great game community and I am checking it daily.

Also you can make new friends here.

Regards,
Tommy

IkaBula

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I have a bit of trouble logging in daily due to my work, wife and kids. But I'll pop my head in when I get online, which is like once a week lately. Alas, things will hopefully settle soon!