• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Health hazards of prolonged gaming

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
There are times when I end up playing my games for long hours. It is later that I realize that I have over strained myself because of my negligence.

Most of the times I end up with severe headache and back pain. I should also mention the strained eyes that end up blurring my vision for long. My mind also appears over worked and all that I seek is solace with closed eyes.

What are the immediate detrimental effects of prolonged gaming that you face and how do you overcome them?

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
Most common side effects that prolonged gaming brings are headache, dizziness, and blurry vision. Often times it's just headache and I take medicines for it right away then take a rest. It could even be worse once you start feeling light headed, and the headache radiates from the back of your head which means that it has become a migraine. Migraines are very annoying to deal with because you will be forced to stay away from playing for a while. I think it's better to regulate playing hours than to deal with these problems. Prevention is better than cure.

Pixie06

Reaction score
The worst effects of playing for a prolonged amount of time are irritated eyes, back pain and headaches. Even if I wear my glasses when playing games at times I do get headaches. In those cases I just stop playing and take some rest. As for irritated eyes many over the counter eye drops are available which can help in providing relief.

kenoobie

Reaction score
yeah, Its usually headaches for me and sometimes backpain. I work 4 - 5 hours using the computer and play additional 4 - 5 hours using the same. So common occurence would be afte playing, I would have a mild headache or backpain from sitting too long.