• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Headsets

zeedollar

Reaction score
Beats by Dre baby... even if its really not so cool on gaming plus i just don't want to own so many headset so i use it for all my needs. The balance is amazing too. but if i really want to enter the gaming galaxy i just use my brother's HyperX Cloud Stinger. Now that's real gaming!

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I never saw a need to invest a whole lot into a gaming headset, so I snagged a set of Turtle Beach headphones when they were on a good sale while I worked in retail. Definitely nice to have them when I game in the same room as my roommate sometimes, but they've never been a necessity for me. I like the quality of the Turtle Beaches that I have, though!

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I only have a low cost headset. Nothing fancy... I think its logitech...

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I only have a low cost headset. Nothing fancy... I think its logitech...
Meh, as long as it does the job right I really don't think it should matter how much it costs. The more expensive ones are more in line with how good the quality of the microphone is, which would only be important if you use it for either work or serious online gaming. Other than that, an average mic on an average headset will do the trick. And if it breaks, hey, just get a new one.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Meh, as long as it does the job right I really don't think it should matter how much it costs. The more expensive ones are more in line with how good the quality of the microphone is, which would only be important if you use it for either work or serious online gaming. Other than that, an average mic on an average headset will do the trick. And if it breaks, hey, just get a new one.

Im not a heavy gamer or a vlogger so I dont need fancy gadgets. My gaming skills dont require fancy sets because ill just look like a pretender hahahaha

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Im not a heavy gamer or a vlogger so I dont need fancy gadgets. My gaming skills dont require fancy sets because ill just look like a pretender hahahaha
Well, if you do the Youtube stuff you can always humble brag about your items since people can see them. But unless you're a call center agent or an online tutor, I don't really feel like you should get expensive headsets just for kicks. It's not gonna help you get better in an online game though true, but people romanticize items when they are expensive for some reason.

Sino989

Reaction score
I think your headset is one of the biggest components to your gaming setup so I tried to buy one of the best headset and so I own the astro a40s and I use them for pretty much everything and I would highly recommend them :)

yunken

Reaction score
I don't use headsets in playing games, I prefer hearing the sound on speaker.
I don't even like using headsets for too long, it affects my hearing.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I use Steelseries headset for gaming purpose. I like them as the headset has comfortable ear cushions. The sound is above average but not outstanding. Comfort is important for me since I like to game for long hours.

peachpurple

Reaction score
I am having a Razor Blackshark Battlefield 4 Gaming headset which gives a soft and comfy touch to my ears, solid gaming background sounds that thunders in my ear drums and I love the microphone which is flexible to change the position.

DenisHero

Reaction score
I have a pair of JVC headphones,which I mainly use for running:).Not worth rolling a lot of cash on a gaming headset as an occasional gamer.
As a Youtuber or Twitcher,a professional headset is needed.I have seen people are using Razer Kraken and any other models.

kgord

Reaction score
I don't use headsets while gaming but I could. I just don't do enough things that makes it worthwhile for me to use the headsets. I think it is good for people who are intense gamers though so they don't disturb anyone else with their activity.

overcast

Reaction score
Philips and Samsung's low cost set can be good enough. You don't have to spend much money into it. And also it has enough good sound. As you can see that sound is good enough in itself. I have found that in case of the headsets it has it's set of the models on low cost. I don't feel the need to go with the high priced items.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I have the Plantronics Gamecom 780 and I use it on my PC and PS4. I tried all the different PS4 headsets and my head is just too big. The good thing is you can use any PC headset on the PS4 as long as its USB.

P.S. The Plantronics Gamecom 780 is 7.1 virtual Dolby surround sound on PC. And it sounds just as awesome on PS4.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I have a Sony MDR headset for normal use. For gaming purposes, I use my Steelseries Siberia headset. Both headsets are comfortable. I think comfort is important when I look for a headset as I will use the headset for a long PC sessions.

augusta

Reaction score
We have got turtle beaches for our PlayStation and that is just it for now.