• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Headsets

Hiocoie

Reaction score
I use a really awesome new headset, I had an old uncomfortable one that was behind-the-head, but I didn't really like it. I also always wear my headsets.(Completely off topic I got a new keyboard on top of that. :D)

Zawazuki

Reaction score
I own a pair of Turtle Beach Z2's. I only use them while I'm gaming. :p

Pokemon

Reaction score
Sometimes I plug my green headphones into my 3DS or into the tv when I'm playing on my Wii or Gamecube. Its because I want to turn up the volume but my parents get mad, so I just keep the sound to myself.

Blindy

Reaction score
I always use it because when I'm playing a FPS game, like Counter-Strike: Source, I tend to really use my sound to hear incoming enemies so it's beneficial that I use my headset.

Jamie

Reaction score
What headset do you use for your gaming?

I have Turtlebeaches for my Xbox 360 gaming and just ordered Siberia's for PC gaming.
I've also got a pair of TBs, I have the X31s, absolutely love them!

valy

Reaction score
The headset i had was HyperXStinger, and i used it until the last Christmans when i received a SteelSeries Arctis Gaming headset as a gift from my wife and my son. It was an unexpected gift but was an precious gift. I must wear a headset when playing, because my wife hates the sound of gaming.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I have a Plantronics headset that's worth about $25 and I've had it for over a year now. Still in perfect condition; the microphone is excellent and the headphones deliver crisp sound, and the padding for your ears are comfortable as well. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the product, and I would definitely recommend it if you can (or want to) pay that much for a headphone. Quality means high price, so you gotta get used to it.

Empire

Reaction score
Astro A40 is the most that I spent and yet it did not last that long at all. I still got it today in a box that's stuck with glue. I find that an $30 headset can last longer then if you got an headset worth $200

Over the years I have gone though allot. and end of the day it does cost an arm

NotCasual

Reaction score
Headsets are a waste of money and I recommend everyone to avoid them completely. They're basically low-quality headphones with a mic slapped onto it and they sell for way more than they should, mainly because they're sold by a popular brand and it has the word 'gaming' on the box.
Instead of buying headsets, buy a good pair of headphones and a separate microphone (possibly a mod mic, which you can attach to your headphones). This way you get better audio quality for less money.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Prior to the ones that I currently use, I had one of those $10 headsets but they were actually surprisingly good. They lasted around 3 years before breaking and the quality of the sound was extremely nice for its price, I bought new headset around a year and a half ago when my speakers broke down. I decided to put a bit more money towards the headset and got myself the Logitech G430, surround sound gaming headset. Hands down, THE best headset ever. They're not only comfortable (I forget I even wear them) but they also produce such good, high-quality sound. I really notice the difference in FPS games where I need to hear the enemies footsteps. Amazing!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Headsets are a waste of money and I recommend everyone to avoid them completely. They're basically low-quality headphones with a mic slapped onto it and they sell for way more than they should, mainly because they're sold by a popular brand and it has the word 'gaming' on the box.
Instead of buying headsets, buy a good pair of headphones and a separate microphone (possibly a mod mic, which you can attach to your headphones). This way you get better audio quality for less money.
They'll slap the word "gaming" to anything these days and charge an additional $500 for them. Gaming mouse, gaming keyboard, gaming gloves if that's a thing; the generic ones do the same job and are cheaper than their gaming counterparts. I honestly don't try them as I know the generic keyboards are still as good - and does the same function as any $200 keyboard with an alien logo on it.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score

It's true, for most cases, but there are a few exceptions. There aren't many options available in the 50$-100$ price range of the headphones market (or, at least, there is no clear winner, nor any sensible improvement by spending even 30$ more), and most headsets fit right into that niche.
For instance, some of the best headphones in that range are the Takstar Pro-80. There's two headsets that use that very same model, they just rebranded it and slapped a microphone on them: those are the HyperX Cloud I and II. Their popularity makes it easier to find them in stock, and they're often on sale, too.
So, what I'm trying to say is that, unless you're willing to spend more than 150$ on a pair of headphones, a decent headset can have a great price-quality ratio

BrokenDownFlier

Reaction score
Right now I'm using TurtleBeach Recon 60P after upgrading from some piece of junk Blackweb Walmart special that cost about $20 with taxes. I'm not 100% sure I like them but couldn't find anything I liked under $50 that looked like they would last to long term gaming and audio use. I'm a little picky about what I want in gaming headphones but had to compromise on these.

I prefer something with only one cord coming out of the headset, inline volume/mic controls, a cord that's at least 6 foot with the 1/8th inch "Aux" style cable instead of USB, and padded earmuffs. I don't mind if the cable or mic can be removed since I don't always use the mic when listening to music. Sennheiser makes these great headphones for professional recording that have a detachable cable which is better than standard because the junction where the cable goes into the earmuffs is always the weakest part but those are some expensive headphones just to game with.

NotCasual

Reaction score
They'll slap the word "gaming" to anything these days and charge an additional $500 for them. Gaming mouse, gaming keyboard, gaming gloves if that's a thing; the generic ones do the same job and are cheaper than their gaming counterparts. I honestly don't try them as I know the generic keyboards are still as good - and does the same function as any $200 keyboard with an alien logo on it.

I disagree with the keyboard part. Unlike the headphones and headsets issue where you're basically charged more for less, mechanical keyboards are actually much nicer to type on than membrane (generic) keyboards. Nice tactile feedback, clicky sound, and different actuation force based on which type of key switch you get.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I just use Logitech H390 USB headset. For the price it surpasses my expectations. Nice clear sound quality from the speaker and also great speaker quality as well. I use it for gaming as well as for skype calls and such. It's awesome for the price you pay!

overcast

Reaction score
I don't have most expensive one. I have 50$ JBL small speakers and so far they are getting the work done. And they seem to be good quality. For budget price they can be offering lot better too. It may not increase sound too much but so far I have got them and doing good. I have no plans on changing them.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I don't have most expensive one. I have 50$ JBL small speakers and so far they are getting the work done. And they seem to be good quality. For budget price they can be offering lot better too. It may not increase sound too much but so far I have got them and doing good. I have no plans on changing them.
I don't really see (or hear) any difference with more expensive speakers or headphones. I just don't. For me I just set a budget, get the best I can afford, and that's it. I play the game. The sound system as long as it's not rattly or hoarse, would be enough to let you enjoy your games. I don't see how the speakers will make or break a game. For me the priority is always the graphics card.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I use an Audio-Technica ATH-M30x as my overall headphone, I use it on my laptop and my phone as well. The quality is amazing, as people would expect from Audio-Technica, and it's also a real bargain because it's one of the cheapest phones in the M-Series. Not to mention that the overall aesthetics of the headphone looks so amazing. The wire is very long though as it's originally made as a studio headphone.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I use in-ear phones as headsets that covers the ears irritate mine after an hour or so. I have an Audio Technica CKS550iS which has a really nice bass that I instantly loved when I tried it. Otherwise I am still using my 3.1 Altec lansing speakers for gaming which I have been using for more than 5 years.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
On another note, I just found out that the DS4 controller has a slot where you can plug your headphones in. With a wireless adapter for the controller, it's basically a mobile sound system that makes you a lot more mobile, and you are no longer limited by your headphones' cord length. Pretty mind blowing stuff if I say so myself.