• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Has anybody played Outlast 2? What are your thoughts?

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I've been playing Outlast 2 quite a bit lately.. safe to say it's scared me quite a few times. What are your thoughts about the game, if you've had a chance to play it? I like it, a lot actually, but it doesn't feel like the old Outlast and its DLC. Finding it quite frustrating the fact the majority of the game is outside!

Referal

Reaction score
Tbh I missed the 1st Outlast game it was fun but it kinda outgrew everyone. I haven't had the team to play Outlast 2 atm but I will soon get the game as I have its review seem great

Gladdy

Reaction score
I finished it last week. It's definitely intense. They did a good job of creating a creepy environment along with unexpected jump scares so I don't recommend playing it at night, haha. Some people are not liking it as much as Outlast 1 but I honestly enjoyed it and I think it's a good sequel. Few times I got confused as to where I'm suppose to go because I was so scared and wanted to rush so I ended up dying. I hate the battery collecting :D

Hands down, I have to admit I still prefer the new Resident Evil though. It came out recently so I don't know if you've played it through - if not I recommend you look at it.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I finished it last week. It's definitely intense. They did a good job of creating a creepy environment along with unexpected jump scares so I don't recommend playing it at night, haha. Some people are not liking it as much as Outlast 1 but I honestly enjoyed it and I think it's a good sequel. Few times I got confused as to where I'm suppose to go because I was so scared and wanted to rush so I ended up dying. I hate the battery collecting :D

Hands down, I have to admit I still prefer the new Resident Evil though. It came out recently so I don't know if you've played it through - if not I recommend you look at it.
That's the one thing I'm awful at, is when I get scared, you just run, and it's so difficult to get a sense of direction when doing so! I've completed Resident Evil and it was brilliant. It seemed to get a lot less creepy towards the final parts of the game though and just didn't feel very scary like the beginning of the game, which was a bit of a disappointment for me. Fantastic game though.

dap1900

Reaction score
I have never played, but I have seen many Youtubers playing it. I think, it is a very exciting, and intense game.

Reactions: Hux

Atropia

Reaction score
I get my kick out of watching other people play horror games, especially the original Outlast. I don't really desire to play it myself since everyone's going to be streaming it on Twitch anyway.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score

Saw this let's play of the first Outlast game and I thought it looked great. I'm not a fan of the "found footage" genre in horror (although I love horror) since the camera view just makes me dizzy and I can't watch (or play) for a very long time because of motion sickness. it's not my cup of tea and same goes for other horror games with like Amnesia and all that. Resident Evil 7 was pretty good though and I enjoyed it even though it was first person. Had to take a break every 30 minutes, but worth it.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
II played it in my friends home on his XBOX One console and I can say that it's freaking scary. Definitely, one of the good games in 2017 but it's creepy and also I felt very dizzy playing it. But it has good story line and also loved the graphics too.