• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Harry Potter Fans?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel you. Harry Potter was the franchise of my childhood. Read the books when I was a kid, finished them when I was a teen. But HP games were always great for me. I enjoyed them quite a bit. There was one, I think it's the fourth part, where you could play co-op and me and my sister just ran ragged on it.
Really? I only bought one game based on a show/book as a kid. Avatar: Burning Earth from the Last Airbender tv show. I thought it sucked ass since they chopped up the story and made up a lot of the stuff just to fill the blanks. I hated it with a passion and I regretted paying full price on it for my PS2. That's why I didn't bother with the other "based on a movie/book/show" video game stuff.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
I watched the movies but never came across the books.
Do the movie and books differ in terms of contents?
Or the movies are remake of the book.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I actually played the game before I got into the movie. My mom brought home two Harry Potter games for my PSOne back then, it was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Needless to say, the game was quite different from the movie but I enjoyed the game a lot more. It was in the third person which was a huge plus for me at the time since I barely ever get to play a third person PSOne game back then.

Frank

Reaction score
Really? I only bought one game based on a show/book as a kid. Avatar: Burning Earth from the Last Airbender tv show. I thought it sucked ass since they chopped up the story and made up a lot of the stuff just to fill the blanks. I hated it with a passion and I regretted paying full price on it for my PS2. That's why I didn't bother with the other "based on a movie/book/show" video game stuff.

You're usually right. Same with movies based on video games. But, this one really worked for me and maybe you're right, maybe this is just my childhood nostalgia talking. I remember having fun and in the end, isn't that all that matters?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
You're usually right. Same with movies based on video games. But, this one really worked for me and maybe you're right, maybe this is just my childhood nostalgia talking. I remember having fun and in the end, isn't that all that matters?
lol well for me it's about sticking with the canon material. I hate it when adaptations skip or change events in the original story entirely just for the sake of either convenience, or they thought the original wasn't good enough. Nope, not gonna listen to that, just stick to the base material and we will get along nicely. Destroy it and you'll lose a customer.

Frank

Reaction score
lol well for me it's about sticking with the canon material. I hate it when adaptations skip or change events in the original story entirely just for the sake of either convenience, or they thought the original wasn't good enough. Nope, not gonna listen to that, just stick to the base material and we will get along nicely. Destroy it and you'll lose a customer.

I feel you, but it's very tough to adapt *anything* to a video game that already has a set story. Especially enfranchised things like Harry Potter. For me, the best solution would be if they created a video game set in the Harry Potter universe, and not where you play as Harry Potter. It's the same thing with Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic, it's widely considered as one of the best games based on a movie franchise, but none of the events actually happen in the movies.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I love Harry Potter, but I played only the first two games on the PS1. And I remember them to be... well, okay. I never play any of the other games, or the Quidditch cup one. They were game based on movies, and usually those are not really that good...
But recently I discovered a game mod for Garry's Mod, a roleplay based on Harry Potter, and I think it could be considered like a Potter game.. and it's pretty nice, actually.
I played harry potter games many years before. I think it is at the tome of third harry potter movie come out. That time I loved it too much. I engrossed my self fully in the games. Garry's Mode seems good to play. I will have a try on it.

Khalil A

Reaction score
Well I've played a Harry Potter game, it's called The half blood prince. It is enjoyable, but it is too short and too easy, nothing is challenging. I prefer demon stone over it, you can control 3 character in the same time even it's about fighting, but still it is about magic too.

gamergal

Reaction score
I played "chamber of secrets" on my PC. It was a good game but wasn't on my favorite list. I don't know the reason though, but I don't dislike it. It is good, or so to say.