• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

GTA V Allows For "Crews"

Hidden308

Reaction score
Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221372p1.html

Rockstar Games
co-founder and the co-writer of
Grand Theft Auto V
Dan Houser
has revealed that Grand Theft Auto V will let players use the same 'crews' they establish and build in Max Payne 3's multiplayer, thanks to Social Club integration.

Speaking exclusively to IGN about Max Payne 3's multiplayer, Houser said, "Multiplayer is an ever-more important part of all our games moving forward. And by creating crews through Social Club, the crews that you create in Max Payne 3 will be ready and available for you to play in Grand Theft Auto V from day one. It's all part of our larger approach to make multiplayer deeper and richer than what's currently available, much more easily accessible to the newcomer and rewarding for the hardcore.

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

"We made a promise not to talk too much about forthcoming games until a little further down the track but, yes, crews will feature in Grand Theft Auto V multiplayer."

This likely means everything that comes with being part of a crew in Max Payne 3 will carry over into GTA V. You and your crew members' ongoing vendettas are constantly tracked, so if someone your crew is targeting pops up in a game you're notified so you can plan to exact your revenge and scoop up extra XP as a result. You can read more about Max Payne's crews and how they might impact Grand Theft Auto V's multiplayer in IGN's
exclusive interview with Dan Houser.

The announcement trailer for Grand Theft Auto V was released at the end of last year. No news regarding an official release date has yet been made.

What do you think? This is pretty intense..

Gamrpro

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. I believe they used to have this in San Andreas. I remember you could create a gang of people with a max number of people from your territory. This is great news man! :p

Hidden308

Reaction score
Oh yeah I remember that. This may be a bit different though! I haven't played GTA since San Andreas!

AnthonyB

Reaction score
people have figured out a way to take images and make them rockstar emblems, OP is apparently taking credit, nothing you can do. I don't have the game yet but I'm assuming that you can only make emblems out of simple shapes (ovals, rectangles, triangles, etc). OP was able to make this design using these simple shapes and it is an impressive feat

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
They had this in San Andreas with gang related quests, especially when you are trying to take territories to make way for the final mission. In GTA 4, you can call a crew as a reward for one of the choices, and that crew will give you both foot and car support if you ever need more firepower. It's great because it had the car option that helps in drive-by's or during quests as a distraction for the cops, so you can easily take out your target without any obstacle.