• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

graphics on computer?

Saffy

Reaction score
I don't know where to post this.. so here it goes.. when we got this computer it had and was running on nvidia graphics, I have updated the driver and everything.. but for some reason it is running on intel graphics instead.. I can't figure out how to fix this or figure out what is wrong..

I used to be able to launch my games from their "geforece experience" thing and it would optomize all my games to the graphics and everything, now it won't do any of that..

anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I am have nvidia on my computer and for some reason, it just stopped working. Even tried updating the drivers.
When I would launch wow, even they would tell me something is up with my graphics card.

I use to be able to hit over 100 FPS on this computer with things set to ultra. But when this happened, things went down to 12-20. Drove me nuts.

I can't be of any help though as it seems to be working now. My windows updated to 8.1 automatically, and I don't know if something in the update fixed it but it seems to be working since then.

Are you even able to open your nvidia control panel?

Saffy

Reaction score
weird, yeah I don't know that my windows has updated in a while so I will check on that.. but yes, that is exactly what it's doing! I was wondering why I had such lag and problems on diablo and then found out why when I launched wow.

I am able to access the control panel, thankfully.
nvidia.jpg

NickJ

Reaction score
Did you unhook the onboard graphics before you installed the new card?

Saffy

Reaction score
No, I did not, I do not know how to do that actually. I'm not super computer savvy

CosmicOdyssey

Reaction score
It came with the card its a laptop and we haven't opened it up. I don't usually do that kind if thing with a laptop as I never learned how to. I've done it a lot with desktops but I tend to only buy desktops.

Jojo83

Reaction score
Maybe you've installed a wrong video driver. You should uninstall the current video driver and find the right driver which is Nvidia. I would go to the laptop manufacturer's website and search the laptop model. Then, install the correct video driver for the laptop.

CosmicOdyssey

Reaction score
Well the weird thing is it works again without us doing anything to it really.