• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Global warming

Corzhens

Reaction score
I have noticed the excessive high temperatures this summer. The gauge is our electric bill which markedly increased as against the bill last year for the same period. Where before our air conditioner runs from 10 am to 4 am, now we turn on the air conditioner in the living room by 8 am. Even during dinner time, the heat is punishing. It's difficult to eat when you are sweating. I'm thinking that this may be the effect of global warming. What if the heat is ever increasing? I cannot imagine the weather 10 years from now.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
I am afraid you are right sir , if we just look into the recent statistics, we may see that over the past decade, there has been a drastic increase in the amount of green house of gasses released into the atmosphere, so its obvious for us to feel hotter. It has also been predicted that by 2050 , the amount of green gasses will increase up to 60 percent , so something has to be done to counter global warming , we will fell even more hooter.

Clara1993

Reaction score
hallo there, this is interesting but no we won't allow green gasses to increase up to 60 percent in 30 coming years science is developing new solutions to decrease gasoline while we drive, the use of cleaner fuels... as we know the biggest polluter are burning of fossil fuels to make electricity which was producing around two billion tons of CO2 every year plus carbon from transportation sector however if we use and adapt the solutions above we'll be safe from global heating in coming years.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Here is my opinion on Global Warming:

In general (I have lived in a Sub-Tropical Environment for 90% of my life) and I have found that the increase in heat is not the problem. We always have different temperatures. If you look for example, summer started a lot earlier where I am but will most likely end earlier. In the Northern part of the United States they had a LONNNNG winter with record freezing temperatures, and up until mid-May some still had a inch of snow reported.

Global Warming is now the go-to-excuse for whenever you think the world is getting too "hot". Its existence however is shown to be a cause for increased temperatures. But from 2008 to 2016 when majority of the world was focused on more liberal environmental policies the temperatures still rose. The Earth itself is too blame, not the humans for 90% of our temperature issues.

The facts are that the Earth has a heating and cooling cycle. What slightly changes that cycle is outside factors (eg humans when we reach population levels of excess of 20 Billion, or major events such as an Asteroid that fills the atmosphere up with shit.)

One event I want to point out is that in a eruption of a volcano at Mount St. Helen's it was shown that it released more CO2 into the atmosphere than humans have since their inception.

Humans don't cause the change directly, nature does.

Side Note: Our electric bill has gone up from like 80 to 100$ but that's simply because we are controlled by a monopolistic electric company for the entire state. It has always gone up, even when we don't use the AC for month.

Side Note 2: My evidence is based on my own research as I have taken multiple classes on ecosystems, environments, and have watched films from conservatives and democrats alike (eg watching a Al Gore film versus a Oil Company Film)

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
This is fake news, you sirs are wrooong