• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Glad to Be Here, but Mostly Just a Facebook-Gamer

rabst

Reaction score
... and that's not a 'Facebook-gamer' in the sense of "one who uses Facebook's system for purposes different than the ones Facebook intends," but rather 'a big fan of the "games" featured & made-available through Facebook-apps (lots of Match-3 games, a few Questing games, Solitaire, Billiards, ...)

And of those, my favorite is ... well, Solitaire has been around the longest. Billiard has too, but might 'use up more bandwidth' (or whatever we kids call it these days :zombiethumbsup:). Match-3 is probably the defining type of (what my mom's oldest friend calls) "game for rats on crack"---i.e. you play it JUST TO PLAY ... no real "object of the game" ...

(It's like that one episode of STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION (in syndication on BBC-AMERICA, keeping it fresh on my mind) "The Game," where an alien-force uses a portable game similar to Match-3 Games to entrance them into an enchanted stupor ... based on the principle that really does 'addict' people to Match-3 Games---the 'good-job feeling' of the dopamine-rush your brain gives you when you Match-3 (or more), especially if it causes more-&-more Matches in sequence.)

And Questing games ... kinda bore me after a while (when you see that it's basically another form of 'punching the clock').

A game that interests me right now is Gunspell (I'll probably discuss it later), a mix between Match-3 and Questing/RPG games.

Guardian

Reaction score
Oh, that's the worst kind. :p

Welcome to GameRebels! :D

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to Game Rebels.

I never really got into Facebook games my self. I played a few of them years ago back when they where first starting to boom, but that was about the gist of my Facebook gaming career :p

Martin

Reaction score
Welcome, like Jordan I've never really enjoyed Facebook games but each to their own.