• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Garry's Mod

Beverly

Reaction score
Garry's mod is a sandbox game, no predefined rules or objectives. As they say, 'We give you the tools and leave you to play.'

So what are you doing in Gary's mod to make this game fun for you and friends?

Jack

Founding Member
Reaction score
Garry's Mod isn't entirely a sandbox game. It has multiplayer gamemodes such as 'Trouble in Terroist Town', 'DarkRP', 'Deathrun' and many more. It has competitive gamemodes to the game as well.

mauricioq

Reaction score
I just like to spawn NPC's and kill them with the fun weapons players have made trough the years. Sometimes I create a story or a map, there's really a lot to do. Or even better, go play trouble in terrorist town, it's super fun!

Lmar

Reaction score
Out of all the gamemodes on Gmod, I've mostly enjoyed playing DarkRP. I usually go and build a base and encourage people to try and raid me, which is really fun because they end up getting destroyed... :cool:

Squigly

Reaction score
I just fool around on random servers. Once me and a few other people downloaded a couple of cute anime girl skins and started beating the crap out of each other. Probably the most silly thing I've done in a computer game.

rayray

Reaction score
I haven't really had chance to delve into Garry's Mod myself, though I did manage to grab it in a bundle sometime back so will definitely try it out someday. But I have enjoyed watching others make their own fun in the different game modes and maps available. Some are getting a bit tired of people playing Garry's Mod maps but I still somehow find it entertaining to watch purely based on the personalities of the people playing.

So do you regularly watch any gamers on Twitch who utilize Garry's Mod in fun or interesting ways?

I guess everyone must know of Seananners, GassyMexican and friends (ChilledChaos, EatMyDiction, Minx etc.) If not I highly recommend checking out their channels. They play a lot of Prop Hunt, Trouble in Terrorist Town, Hidden, Cops & Runners and other modes. Sometimes even creating games within games with their antics.

Possibly lesser known would be VanossGaming, DaihiDeNogla, H20Delerious, Jacksepticeye and friends (MiniLadd, WildCat etc.). A few of them are based in the UK or Ireland which is cool. They do a lot of random crazy stuff in sandbox mode but also play certain maps. With Halloween coming up they've been trying out some Horror-themed maps for example.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
Garry's Mod doesn't really have a "point". You create your own. For example, when I play with a bunch of friends, we usually try to build weird and funny stuff, but this always evolves into a deathmatch - killing each other with the crossbow or the rocket launcher.

I have many happy memories tied to this game from years ago when I used to play with a pretty large group of friends. Then, suddenly, a random guy joined our server and started spamming so much stuff that our game crashed. That was when we learned to set the game to private, unless you want to stop having fun because of some random griefer.

TheViper

Reaction score
Garry's Mod has a load of game modes that people can play on. I know that me and my friends usually play Trouble in Terrorist Town or Prop Hunt. It can be very fun when you are playing with a bunch of friends or even some strangers.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I enjoy Garry's Mod, you can do some crazy and exciting things, and then record them and upload them on YouTube, very ingenious way of gaming, that's what a true SandBox game looks like! I like it so much.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I bought Garry's Mod at one point on Steam, because I remember it being on an absolutely ridiculous discount. I had seen plenty of videos on YouTube that made it look incredibly hilarious so I decided to give it a shot.

Safe to say I was not disappointed. At first I had pretty much no idea as to how to use it, but eventually I got the hang of it. The very first thing I made was this ridiculous "vehicle" which was made up of a bathtub, four wheels and a rockets engine.

Sadly I kind of forgot about that game until now.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I've been playing Garry's Mod for about a year and I usually just troll around in cinema servers around the game. I did try a couple Real Person Play Rolling servers and it was fun until the point you get killed by cops or by drug dealers. It's a lot of fun with friends though!

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Garry's Mod is actually the game that got me into the Steam scene and PC gaming in general. My friend showed me Gmod back in middle school and I fell in love with it. Naturally, I purchased the Orange Box so I could have all the required textures and nonsense for Source to be able to run Gmod for me. Those were the good days! I used Gmod predominantly from a filmmaking perspective, setting up ragdolls and using the cinematic camera tool to create stories in game. I should try my hand at that again.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Garry's Mod isn't entirely a sandbox game. It has multiplayer gamemodes such as 'Trouble in Terroist Town', 'DarkRP', 'Deathrun' and many more. It has competitive gamemodes to the game as well.

Deathrun is soooo fun! Especially when played with my friends! I really like playing as the killer that triggers the traps since I want to see my friends screw up trying to cross each obstacle. I like the the other game modes as well but Deathrun definitely holds a special place with my heart.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I love Garry's Mod, I had something like 200 hours on it - which is not much, seeing that others have even 1000 and more hours!
Since a few months/years ago I mostly used it in singleplayer, making (shitty) comics and stuff like that, but recently I tried some multiplayer modes and... well, it is a lot of fun! I don't play multiplayer games that much, so this is why I waited so much before actually trying it but there is seriously a lot to do, it offers a lot of different, creative and unique gamemodes.