• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Gaming is Childish

GameCube

Reaction score
Some cynics, particularly from an older generation, might think gaming is only for kids. However, though, nowadays, that idea seems silly as I think most gamers are adults. Am I correct?

DenisHero

Reaction score
Old people will obviously say that games are only for kids.
But I know 40-50 years-old guys that play Battleground or PUBG.
So it generally depends.Some are open to new things,while others are being enclosed,limited to daily life problems:)

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I suppose for people who have never played a video game, or just don't enjoy playing them, they'd find them pretty childish. The idea of playing a virtual game for "fun" baffles some people for some reason lol. I'm 20, turning 21 soon and I don't think I'll ever find gaming childish, I guess it depends on your age, lifestyle and some other factors..

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree, because all ages enjoy gaming.

Case in point is when I used to ONLY play Microsoft Flight Simulator X and "work" for Virtual Airlines. You had people like me (7 years younger than I am now).... and then people who are like 70 and retired Airline Captains playing a video game. Granted the realism factor and seriousness of the game was up there but overall it was still a game that all ages could enjoy if you knew how to play it.

Honestly it would vary person to person and depend on how you feel in general about the increase in use of technology within today's society.

Not Sag

CW Super Admin
Reaction score
I also disagree as gaming is for all ages. It's more of the type of games that can be childish or adult like.

Pixie06

Reaction score
That's not true. My grandma enjoys playing Candy Crush. Games is a form of relaxation. Nowadays there are games designed for all ages. My uncle is 54 and he still plays PlayStation games with my cousin.

valy

Reaction score
I am from the old generation, I guess I fit there since I have 40 years old and I do not think that gaming is childish, I admit that some of my friends say that playing games online is a waste of time but I am not one of them. In fact, I think that playing games online it makes us relax, avoid stress and forget about the daily routine!

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I don't think gaming is childish, I am 43 and I still game. Having said that gaming isn't a priority in my life anymore, In my early 20"s it was game 24/7 or die! These day I game when I get around to it. But I will always be a gamer until the day I die or my hands cripple up!.