• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Game Development

fantanoice

Reaction score
Anybody here interested in game development? I am, and I'm currently studying it at University.

I usually use C++ (from scratch), Python (Ren'Py) and C# (Unity) when programming, along with Photoshop, Illustrator and 3D Studio Max for the graphical aspects.

I really want to get a simple, finished product sometime just to show off, but I'm a terrible procrastinator.

Anyway, how about you? Interested in game development? Discuss. : 3

Zahreah

Reaction score
It's been an interest for a while. I used to be quite fluent in Unity and can code C++ anyway. However i haven't used Unity in give or take a year or two and a bit has changed since.

overcast

Reaction score
I have tried using Python with Pygame library. My result is not that good. I also tried Gosu library with Ruby. I think gosu has some potential. It all comes down to bundling game later. I am going with C# for that functionality. Because with Unity and other similar type of game development it can be harder to deal with export and other options specific to gaming engines.