• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

First video game

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Do you still remember your first video game? I got my first around 20 years back. It was a small black box that was attached to an old television.

It had a gaming cassette with two wired remotes. It used to be one of my most precious asset. Though now this form of video gaming console is completely outdated I still have it with me.

It is one of a great memory from my childhood.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
My first video game was Nintendo Family Computer. That was about, Eons ago and for me it was the best gadget ever at that time. Man... It was expensive. A highschool kid, with out their parents backing them up to buy new games, would take a year of saving allowance to finally buy a new game. A good follow up question on these is, hiw many old school games you did not actually completed.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
Of course I do, I got my first video game when I was in grade 2 on my 7th birth day , it as an old model video game , mostly had 3 different games like building bricks, shooting and escaping cars, I really liked it at that time and I still remember how i used to carry it along with me everywhere.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if it was actually the first one, but the first PC game I remember playing was the Disney platform The Jungle Book (it came bundled with an italian Mickey Mouse comic). Similar to the most famous Aladdin or The Lion King, I think it was a nice game.. but maybe it's just the nostalgia.

Denis_P

Reaction score
The first time I had ever played a video game was exactly 20 years ago in 1997, and that game was Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (I could say SNES but it sounds more epic this way). Sure the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation were out by then but I was five years old and the SNES was good enough for me.

To this day I get a smile on my face every time I play Super Mario World, cause it brings me back to that day where I got to know that lifelong love that is gaming.

MLF

Reaction score
I remember by first console but I can't remember the cartridge I got with it. My first console was an Atari 7800 that I got on my birthday in 1986. It was, for lack of a better descriptor, a turd. I remember having non-stop problems with it working and the controllers dying. I don't think it even lasted a year before it died and that was that.

I was console-less until I got my first NES in 89 or 90 -- when you get old, time starts to melt together. I got the standard Power set that came with Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt. Good times.

Rayne

Reaction score
If I remember correctly it was Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 on PS1. I still remember running around screaming that I won after completing any mission in it. It was an amazing game which got me addicted to RTS games and after that I discovered turn-based strategies.

Robbie626

Reaction score
The video game I played was on the Nintendo GameCube which is Super Mario Sunshine. I love that game so much and I am still dying to play it 12 years for the first time. I well in love with the graphics, uniqueness, and story which made me feel happy this game was my first game to play. :)

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
My first video game was Nintendo Family Computer. That was about, Eons ago and for me it was the best gadget ever at that time. Man... It was expensive. A highschool kid, with out their parents backing them up to buy new games, would take a year of saving allowance to finally buy a new game. A good follow up question on these is, hiw many old school games you did not actually completed.
It was really great on your part to buy a Nintendo all by self , without any financial support from your parents. As a kid I was never able to do so. Saving money was always out of question for me. I can understand how valuable that asset would have been for you at that time.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Of course I do, I got my first video game when I was in grade 2 on my 7th birth day , it as an old model video game , mostly had 3 different games like building bricks, shooting and escaping cars, I really liked it at that time and I still remember how i used to carry it along with me everywhere.
Yeah..
The first and the oldest video games came with a number a shooting and brick games. The entire graphics was so simple as compared to those available today. But still at that time they were the best ones to avail and had a big fun element associated with them.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
The video game I played was on the Nintendo GameCube which is Super Mario Sunshine. I love that game so much and I am still dying to play it 12 years for the first time. I well in love with the graphics, uniqueness, and story which made me feel happy this game was my first game to play. :)
I think Mario is a great part of everyone's childhood. It was the best games available at that time. After having played it continuously for years for multiple hours in a day, it's memories are still fresh and alive. If my old video game was working I would love to play it again. But sadly it is too old a version now.

Sino989

Reaction score
The first video game I ever played was one of the Ghost Recons on the gamecube. I don't remember which one it was but I know it was the first game I played and I was pretty bad at it lol.

Pixie06

Reaction score
My first video game was Super Mario. This game is well renowned and I think many of us have actually played it. In fact I was still playing this game in my teen years. It was a very good game for that time. I won't mind playing it again today.

reginafalange

Reaction score
My very first game that I play I think it was Paper Boy in this super nintendo console back in the 90's. It was very fun and entertaining. I wish I could have the chance to play it again.:yum:

StolenKid

Reaction score
I do remember my first game, 7 years old with a new PS One and Crash Bandicoot, those were the days man, Crash Bandicoot was so great, I really miss playing it sometimes, I should play it again, the memories man, wow.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
The first game that I played was pepsiman on the PlayStation one, I loved that game, like all the games on PlayStation one, like Harry Potter 1 and 2, Spiderman, Mortal Kombat 3, Resident Evil 3, all of these games were the great childhood that I have, so many games to play and so much time to play them and be happy, those times were good!

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Oh, that is a really good question. I am having hard time remembering which game it was, but I know it was Nintendo I used to play it on. I think I still might even have that Nintendo stored somewhere, perhaps even the games, too. I do recall what I played the first when I got PS 1 though. It came with Demo CD with various games. 3 games which I played on that Demo were Tomba, Silent Hill & Legacy of Kain I believe.

Robbie626

Reaction score
I think Mario is a great part of everyone's childhood. It was the best games available at that time. After having played it continuously for years for multiple hours in a day, it's memories are still fresh and alive. If my old video game was working I would love to play it again. But sadly it is too old a version now.

The same issue with me! My Gamecube broke and at the point of time, Nintendo stopped making the console. I had to give it up and I could not buy it since it was not being sold at Game Stop or other stores. Everyone wishes they could play an old video game they love in the original condition. :(

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
The same issue with me! My Gamecube broke and at the point of time, Nintendo stopped making the console. I had to give it up and I could not buy it since it was not being sold at Game Stop or other stores. Everyone wishes they could play an old video game they love in the original condition. :(
With the advent of new gaming consoles with modern parts , getting the old ones repaired stands out of question. Though we still might have the cravings to play the original versions of the games they can only be a part of our old memories and nothing else.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
I can't remember my first console exactly, but I know that my first game was Super Mario. I was obsessed with it. I got it when I was 7 years old, so 20 years ago.