• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

First Game

Pixie06

Reaction score
The first game I played was Super Mario. I really loved this game and was playing it on my PC. At that time I had no PlayStation and was playing only PC games. I remember that we had this game installed in the computer lab at school and we used to play it secretly and we were trying to beat the scores of each other. So many good memories attached to this game.

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
I think my Dad used to own a really old NES console. One of the games he'd play with us while my brother and I were growing up was this really trippy game where you have to shoot a dancing/moon walking MIchael Jackson.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I think my Dad used to own a really old NES console. One of the games he'd play with us while my brother and I were growing up was this really trippy game where you have to shoot a dancing/moon walking MIchael Jackson.
That's so awesome. Have you, by any chance, know what game it was? :)

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
The first game that I ever played was Frogger on the Atari 2600. I can remember being blown away buy the music, sound, and visuals LOL. I think I was 7 or 8 years old back then and I never seen anything like it LOL. :smiley:

peachpurple

Reaction score
My first game was a Ms Dos Pc game, Pac-man and Tetris that were very challenging because there wasn't much choice then.
I also used Print shop the first version, black and white then, to make greeting cards and print them out with a Panasonic Printer. Thereafter, I had played Wolfentein 3D, DOOM2 and Street Fighter

lindbergh

Reaction score
The very first video game I played was a handheld one. Yep, that was in the late 1980s. Maybe you're already thinking that there weren't any smartphones or tablets before. I'm not talking about smartphones or tablets. I'm talking about this:
maxresdefault.jpg

That my friends is called a Game and Watch. It was a handheld game made by Nintendo. It was a simple game wherein stick men would be jumping out of a helicopter and your job as a player would be to catch these men in parachutes so that they would not be eaten by sharks in the ocean. It featured a simple two button control layout. Left and right. Yep, that's it. But I was merely a child, and I loved it!

Since then, I craved for more video games. Darn you Nintendo. This is all your fault.

Hikin33t

Reaction score
The moment I saw the title of this thread I started wracking my brains instantly for an answer. It'd have to be something on Sega as that was the first console I ever owned. But I don't think I'll ever be able to remember the titles of those games without searching.

Edit: I went and found one I used to play a lot with my brothers; Toejam and Earl.

I used to game A LOT when I was younger now that I think about it. I wish I had gamed more and become a professional in the industry.

Last edited:

Referal

Reaction score
My 1st game was mario Kart on my gameboy lol good old days and yes 2nd would be Mario World

leeyong

Reaction score
My first game was Contra, and I played it on a family computer that my father rented for one month. I was still in grade school that time and I easily got addicted to it that my father returned the console after just two weeks. Luckily, there was pay-to-play in the neighborhood that was why I would not spend my allowance everyday, and just save it so I could play at weekends. It was an action, shooting game with different levels of difficulty. The game became predictable though as I repeatedly played it over and over again.

Jayson Casinillo

Reaction score
Hard to remember my very first game as it was so long ago but it was probably Pac-Man in the arcades. I do remember my first home video game which was Pac-Man on the Atari 2600