• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

First game you bought?

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Remember the first game that you bought with your own money?

Yiskah

Reaction score
It was not until i was an adult did I buy my first game. I found a cheap Playstation for my kids and got three games for it. They were Spyro, Warpped (crash) and Gen X. All of these are instilled in our hearts and will always be a favorite.

pauldox3

Reaction score
First game i bought with my own money was resident evil 4. I think it was around 30+ dollars at that time? idk i cant remember exactly. It was fun i finished it in 3 days. But the first game that i bought with my parent's money was crash bandicoot 1. Best money i've ever spent. Left me entertained for months on end.

gamergal

Reaction score
Okay, the first game that I bought with my own money, (and I was really happy about that that I could do so on my own), was "Three Eyed Boys" of the 64-bit videogame format. So basically it was a chip (as we call it here). The first CD that I bought for PC was GTA Director's cut. You know how cool that game is, especially the main character. So these were the first games that I ever bought.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Pokemon Yellow for the GBA. Money well spent, as the previous games I had in the GameBoy were those 9999 in 1 cartridges that had crappy games that weren't even close to what they advertised. Truth of it is, it was mostly 10 games at best, and they just kept repeating the cycle of games (while changing the game's name) so you can technically say that the cartridge has that many names. Crappy deal, crappy games, crappy purchase.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
The first game I bought was Pokemon Silver for GameBoy Color, what an amazing game and era of gaming :3

JoeMilford

Reaction score
The very first game I ever bought with my own money was Mrs. Pac Man for the Atari home system. I am pretty sure that every time I leave a post I tell my ancient age, but I actually did extra chores around the house and saved up for this game because, at the time, the only other place I could play is was at the arcade, and it made more sense to save up for a game I could own than to keep putting quarters into the machines.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
The first game I can remember buying with my own money was Dungeon Siege. I picked it up for $9.99 at my local Office Max because I thought it looked cool. I had no idea I was picking up a game that would help propel me further into the world of video games. I think it was my first RPG as well, which really solidified my passion for the genre. Good times, good times!

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
My first game that I ever bought was Excitebike on the NES. My brother and I saved our allowance for 4 weeks to buy that game. We bought it at Sears and I still can remember how excited we were in the back of my mom a dads car. My brother and I played that game to death and then some LOL. :smile:

Deathisue

Reaction score
The first game I bought was super marios bros, to be correct my father bought it but it was a good investment, that game gave me many hours of fun and i treasure it until today, a game that revolutionized what was the industry in that moment, i play it in NES by the way, but the first game i bought with my own money was Elders Scroll Skyrim.

valy

Reaction score
I remember I bought myself a Gamecube game called Metroid Prime with my money, but I always bought games with my own money. When I have started PC gaming I was bigger enough to work and earn a salary and have my own money to spend on the things I want. I am an independent person since I had 16 years old.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I remember how I used to save my daily pocket money when I was still at college. I then used the money to buy the SIMS game. Buying a game from my own savings made me so happy. My parents bought me many PC and PlayStation games. I miss those times. Now I have to buy my own games.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
First game i bought with my own money was resident evil 4. I think it was around 30+ dollars at that time? idk i cant remember exactly. It was fun i finished it in 3 days. But the first game that i bought with my parent's money was crash bandicoot 1. Best money i've ever spent. Left me entertained for months on end.
Ooh Resident evil 4 and Crash bandicoot <3

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Okay, the first game that I bought with my own money, (and I was really happy about that that I could do so on my own), was "Three Eyed Boys" of the 64-bit videogame format. So basically it was a chip (as we call it here). The first CD that I bought for PC was GTA Director's cut. You know how cool that game is, especially the main character. So these were the first games that I ever bought.
I remember the 64bit era all to well, what a great time that was to be alive lol :D.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
The first game I bought was Pokemon Silver for GameBoy Color, what an amazing game and era of gaming :3
(Gameboy color) talk about nostalgia huh :), just the name brings back awesome memories. Had to google the image of course for icing on the cake. Wow!

Gettingmile

Reaction score
The first Game I ever bought with my money was Gameboy which is used with cartridge chip.That was 7year ago when I was still in Junior High school. Gameboy was so popular then and it's very rare not to see a child in the neighbourhood without it. The only thing you need is just to buy a cartridge chip for more games. I can still recall quite vividly setting a goal to get it, saving my way up from the pocket cash my dad does give me for school to buy it.And it worth spending because I'm a game raving fans and gave me the confidence that I bought something for myself still under my parent.

goldlady

Reaction score
The first game I bought with my own money was Call of Duty: World at War. It was the ver first time I saved money with an actually goal lol. It was totally worth it. I still play it today!

reginafalange

Reaction score
I remember a game I bought when I was like 9 years old, I don't remember the title but it was an adventure game with some kind of investigation. A girl had to walk through some city (maybe it was Paris) to find out who stole a painting.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Hmm. First game I bought on pc was probably the NBA 2k10 or something. But before that though, I was already buying subscription from games such as Ragnarok and World of Warcraft.

younes

Reaction score
I can still remember that the first game I bought was NFS Hot Pursuit 2002. I used to play it for so long time. What attracted me in this game, was the picture of Lamborghini Murcielago lp 640-4 and the fact that in this game there are cops. It was really amazing to play this game. I still love it.