• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

sephyr

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone else played this game so I decided to make a thread just for this. I play on Lamia (EU). I play a Miqote who's mostly a healer (WHM, AST, and SCH) and occasional DPS. I've played the game since 2.0 but have been unable to play the latest expansion due to time constraints.

What do you guys think of the latest expansion and the 2 new jobs?

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I played the heck out of that game, I was on leviathan and I had almost every job to 60. But I became bored with the game because its the same old grind over and over. Every 3 months new armor and two new dungeons and rinse and repeat until your so bored that you would rather watch paint dry on the walls. I was really hoping that the new expansion was going to be something different but its just more of the same boring nonsense.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I have never played this game but I was on the verge of buying it a few months back when I saw that it was on a discount. I am a huge fan of the Final Fantasy game and have played probably 90% of them more than one time but I am not sure how much I would enjoy the whole online aspect of it. I have read some reviews where people weren't too happy with the ''feel'' of the game so I have no clue. Perhaps you guys can advise me better if it's still worth buying and starting as a complete newb? :)

sephyr

Reaction score
I have never played this game but I was on the verge of buying it a few months back when I saw that it was on a discount. I am a huge fan of the Final Fantasy game and have played probably 90% of them more than one time but I am not sure how much I would enjoy the whole online aspect of it. I have read some reviews where people weren't too happy with the ''feel'' of the game so I have no clue. Perhaps you guys can advise me better if it's still worth buying and starting as a complete newb? :)

I guess what attracted me to the game was it being story-driven. FFXIV will literally make you do the story-quests because you wouldn't get anywhere if you skipped it. No end-game, no dungeons, no mounts, no job skills (limited), etc. If you're not a fan of long cut scenes and the occasional drama, then it might not be for you. It's also a beautiful game with great scenery and actual changing weather and time (day and night). It can get grindy if you're a completionist because you never run out of things to do. My advise is to try it out. It has a free trial period so you can see if you'll like it. :)

sephyr

Reaction score
I played the heck out of that game, I was on leviathan and I had almost every job to 60. But I became bored with the game because its the same old grind over and over. Every 3 months new armor and two new dungeons and rinse and repeat until your so bored that you would rather watch paint dry on the walls. I was really hoping that the new expansion was going to be something different but its just more of the same boring nonsense.

Yeah, it can get boring. I was literally overwhelmed by all the things I had to do sometimes. I took a break due to RL work conflicts and am excited to get back to the new expansion once i have free time soon. It's the story that hooks me. hehehe

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Yeah, it can get boring. I was literally overwhelmed by all the things I had to do sometimes. I took a break due to RL work conflicts and am excited to get back to the new expansion once i have free time soon. It's the story that hooks me. hehehe
My biggest problem with the game is there is literally nothing to do once you max all your levels and gear. Except the whole 3 month grind armor and 2 new dungeons. And crafting is pretty much pointless, because 99.98% of the things you make are not worth much or it takes a insane amount of time to make a item that is going to get undercut like crazy before it sells. And that's why I will never go back to that game again.