• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Fifa gamers: Who's your favourite soccer player?

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
He is definitely a good soccer player, but he is extremely overrated (I mean... extremely! :emoji-rage:) and personally, he seems to be an inedible and very arrogant person. :triumph:

No offense for your thinking because every person has their way of thinking. I have been watching Cristiano Ronaldo since 2003, and the player he is now is the same person when I first saw him. The thing you saw called arrogant for me it's his attitude. That approach lets him survive on EPL (World's most physically hardest football league) since he was just 18 years old. He is the most tackled player at his time on Manchester United because that is the only way anyone can stop him by doing foul on him. His attitude made it from there when he fell and stood every time and roll again. And check his stats before you say someone overrated.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
No offense for your thinking because every person has their way of thinking. I have been watching Cristiano Ronaldo since 2003, and the player he is now is the same person when I first saw him. The thing you saw called arrogant for me it's his attitude. That approach lets him survive on EPL (World's most physically hardest football league) since he was just 18 years old. He is the most tackled player at his time on Manchester United because that is the only way anyone can stop him by doing foul on him. His attitude made it from there when he fell and stood every time and roll again. And check his stats before you say someone overrated.

I have not known him for as long as you have, so I have to base my comments on what I have available, but I also respect your opinion. Let's get caught up in the football issue, and in that I think you and I don't disagree, after all... He's a great football player. :wink:

anaatef9

Reaction score
He is definitely a good soccer player, but he is extremely overrated (I mean... extremely! :emoji-rage:) and personally, he seems to be an inedible and very arrogant person. :triumph:
Hey, I disagree with you about Cristiano Ronaldo being overrated. However, I understand where you are coming from. I would like to think that you got this opinion from his fans; His fans do hype him up more than anything in the world. With that being said, I definitely think he can back up any hype behind him with the way he play the game and proves himself time after time. He isn't arrogant, his personality just outshines most people. A player like zlatan is what you would call arrogant.

WarVet

Reaction score
Hey, I disagree with you about Cristiano Ronaldo being overrated. However, I understand where you are coming from. I would like to think that you got this opinion from his fans; His fans do hype him up more than anything in the world. With that being said, I definitely think he can back up any hype behind him with the way he play the game and proves himself time after time. He isn't arrogant, his personality just outshines most people. A player like zlatan is what you would call arrogant.

He is definitely skilled enough to deserve such hype. But I think that what @WildSpirit means is any player regardless of skill should not be idolized like that. Sure he's good but folks treat him like some sort of god. Here in Brazil is the same thing with Neymar. Sure he's good but does a boy that age deserves this kind of attention? Does any normal, regular, human being regardless of skill deserve such fanboyism? Don't think so.

anaatef9

Reaction score
He is definitely skilled enough to deserve such hype. But I think that what @WildSpirit means is any player regardless of skill should not be idolized like that. Sure he's good but folks treat him like some sort of god. Here in Brazil is the same thing with Neymar. Sure he's good but does a boy that age deserves this kind of attention? Does any normal, regular, human being regardless of skill deserve such fanboyism? Don't think so.
That's a good point you raise but I think you need to look at the bigger picture. Surely no human should be praised to the extent that these football players are being praised. However, you need to understand there are millions if not, a billion football fans around the globe. That's the reason you will find a couple hundred thousand praise Neymar like he is some sort of God in Brazil. In my opinion that number is not enormous once you look to see how big football is. So if Ronaldo is one of the best in the world, I belive he deserves the hype.

WarVet

Reaction score
That's a good point you raise but I think you need to look at the bigger picture. Surely no human should be praised to the extent that these football players are being praised. However, you need to understand there are millions if not, a billion football fans around the globe. That's the reason you will find a couple hundred thousand praise Neymar like he is some sort of God in Brazil. In my opinion that number is not enormous once you look to see how big football is. So if Ronaldo is one of the best in the world, I belive he deserves the hype.

Oh aye, i get that I understand why they're treated like gods. I just don't agree with it. Any type of fanboyism is bad in my opinion to be it with an athlete, an actor, a singer, heck even Youtubers have fanboys. I just think that when you have the need to idolize something, you lack something else within you so you have to fill that with your fanboyism. Been there myself.

WildSpirit

Reaction score

That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say. No matter how good you are at something, you'll still be a human being like any other. But unfortunately this is not how millions of people think.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Ronaldo at the moment, the guy is just class. His work ethic, his charity off the field, the persona of being humble and professional. All of these characteristics made me appreciate him as a person and footballer.

WarVet

Reaction score
That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say. No matter how good you are at something, you'll still be a human being like any other. But unfortunately this is not how millions of people think.

Yeah man, i find that people tend to look up to and admire things in others that they find lacking in themselves. So if you always wished you could be a soccer player and you weren't very good at it when a Cristiano Ronaldo or a Neymar comes along you might do that. Very wrong in my opinion as I believe we should value ourselves and that nobody is better than anybody. At the end of the day, we're all just humans waiting to go to the same place, skilled or not, rich or not.

WildSpirit

Reaction score

You have the right to disagree, there is nothing wrong with that. But my opinion is not just based on his fan group.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Yeah man, i find that people tend to look up to and admire things in others that they find lacking in themselves. So if you always wished you could be a soccer player and you weren't very good at when a Cristiano Ronaldo or a Neymar comes along you might do that. Very wrong in my opinion as I believe we should value ourselves and that nobody is better than anybody. At the end of the day, we're all just humans waiting to go to the same place, skilled or not, rich or not.

This is totally wrong from my point of view and to make matters worse, people feel inferior to the point of giving up on their own dreams. This is very sad and worrying. :sweat:

fishmonk

Reaction score
My favourite player is Cristiano Ronaldo. The guy is definitely a legendary football athlete. He has transitioned from a flashy winger to a match-winning striker. I like the fact that he worked hard for success and gives his best on the pitch.

Xperienced

Reaction score
With Ronaldo and Benzema in my team I'm sure to win my games. l love the Real Madrid team set up no matter the team selection. I'm comfortable using any player there to do the winning magic. Although in real life Chelsea is my favorite team.

zeedollar

Reaction score
My favourite has always been cristiano ronaldo an ibra. Amazing guys with amazing stamina and also effective upfront. I also like yaya toure, always stands his ground.

Jameson

Reaction score
My favorite player is Son from Tottenham, I love the way he is coming up the ranks in the EPL.

vinaya

Reaction score
I love soccer and we call it football here. Since my childhood, I have always favored Argentina and I still love Argentine football. Players from Argentina have always been my favorite, Maradona, Messi you name it.
I am also a Portugal fan, I loved Figo, and now I love Ronaldo.

goldlady

Reaction score
Of course! I started playing FIFA because I am passionate about football in real life too. I count the days to every FIFA WORLD'S CUP only because I think it is a great time to see the best football games. Ok, when it comes to clubs you can see an amazing football too... but when it comes to FWC it's like the whole world stoped to see 22 players. Amazing! No doubt my favorite soccer player of all time is Miroslav Klose!

fishmonk

Reaction score
I miss watching Ronaldinho playing at the top level. He's a magician with the ball, a natural player with so much flair. I am lucky to have watched him play live once.

DAVID EJIKE

Reaction score
Ronaldo de Assis Moreira, commonly known as Ronaldinho or Ronaldinho Gaúcho remains my favorite soccer player. During his playing career i get entertained and extremely excited whenever i watch him play. His dribbling skills and sleek touches are second to none. In fact i must say the beauty of the game (soccer) is the presence of players highly gifted in ball juggling and trickery of which RONALDINHO sums it all.

augusta

Reaction score
Man utd for life. I'm.a man utd fan.I don't joke with the physical play or real play.Have got my Jersey of my club to show I'm an active fan.Got much love for Paul Pogba and all time defender Victor L.