• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite Video Game Series?

ulfhedin

Reaction score
I really like the Tomb Raider series for the most part. Most of the Tomb Raider series has a good replay value to it. I've played them since the beginning, and even gotten into the comic books and movies. Their some Tomb Raider games that didn't really do it for me but it has been a really good series. I also like the Legacy of Kain series, I love the story line with Kain and later on with the Soul Reaver.

kovacs

Reaction score
Has to be Final Fantasy for me. I'm a RPG nerd and Final Fantasy has just so many different titles, and all of them are at least good. I actually think there are better rpgs out there, but considered as a series, nothing beats FF. It just has that many hours of gaming pleasure to offer. Also it's pretty cool how some characters will make appearances in several games in the series. Every new FF title will have something new to offer, but it will keep some of the classic elements as well. It's a good mix.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Maybe it's not a proper series, but I always had lot of fun with the citybuilder by Impressions Games (I miss that company...). Caesar, Pharaoh, Empero and my favorite one, Zeus: Master of Olympus. They were pretty fun, complex and simple at the same time, and often with lot of hidden humour. The various quotes from the wandering citizen were various and hilarious, and provided a good look at the status of your city.
They are old games, but I still play them from time to time.

gkillian

Reaction score
I miss Metroid so much. It's one of the longest-running series with so few entries, I'm deeply disappointed how long it's been since Other M seems to have killed it off.

At least Super and Zero Mission are some of the best games ever made.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
It's of course The Walking Dead series from Telltale Games. DAMN! I love this game so much, I mention it everywhere....maybe because I just finished it, I don't know...

Empire

Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto series :)

As an GTA person who has played hours on end on GTA4 and played GTA5 ever since it got released on pc. I also I do allot of modifications for the game based other words added mods and scripts and turning the game into something else :)

Also I have played allot of battlefield series and that is fun

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Is it kind of cliche to say the Grand Theft Auto series? I choose GTA because it's been the most consistent game series with me throughout my childhood into my teen years and adulthood. My first game from GTA was San Andreas during the PS2 days. After that, I backtracked and bought GTA Vice City (2002), GTA III (2001), and GTA II (2000) for my PC. After that, I then bought Vice City Stories (2006) for PS2. That was actually the last game I bought for my PS2 because the following year I would upgrade to a PS3 and buy GTA IV when it was released the following year after that.

Throughout the years, I've made so many offline and online memories on the different GTA's produced over time. Good times!

Olly88

Reaction score
Mine is Mario. I've played and loved so many of them, and they've been part of so many of my gaming memories, especially the platformers, it just has to be Mario.

My favourite game of all time is Yoshi's Island, and loads of others would make my top 10/20/etc lists. In fact, I could probably make a top 10 with just Mario games :p

lexcion

Reaction score
Bioshock was just a beautiful game series. Each game had a great story and the eerie feeling of the environment. Its sad that the series ended, but it was great how everything was tied together. I also love Pokemon just for that nostalgic feeling of when I was a kid.

rebeccah

Reaction score
Dark Souls for me, no question about it. Sometimes I feel like a little bit of a fraud compared to other Souls fans as I only played part of Dark Souls 1 and then totally skipped over Dark Souls 2 before sitting and playing through Dark Souls 3. I eventually came back and played through Dark Souls 1 and am working through Dark Souls 2, so I'm catching up!!

There's just something so incredible about the lore and the worldbuilding. I really enjoy finding all the lore tucked away in details and item descriptions and the atmospheric and environmental storytelling is top notch. The games are really hard and have a pretty steep learning curve, which I think prevents a lot of people from enjoying them, but I found it really rewarding. I can't stop thinking about this series, I just love it so much.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I have had my favorites changed a lot of times. Leaving out the multiplayer games out of this story, I would like to start with Mass Effect.

Why? Well, the story and choice making has always intrigued me in the gaming world. Sure, ME 3 might have not ended on the brightest note compared to the first two games, but it was a really nice series. I was actually avoiding it at start because I am not a really big fan when it comes to space games. I thought it would just be boring, flying a spacecraft, shooting other spacecrafts and such things, but when I finally laid my hands on it, I couldn't stop playing. In fact, I finished each title the very first day it came out.

Second series that I loved even more were Metro games. I always loved post-apocalyptic genres and Metro was really unique. It also had choice & consequence system, although that didn't really matter that much in the end when it comes to the first game since the story of the second game starts the way it starts. It has nothing to deal with your choices in the first game. But it surely did have a good choice & consequence on its own. And quite a nice moral story behind it, too.

And my current and probably all time favorite - Witcher. I have played the first 2 titles before, I liked them, but I never gave them that much of a thought. When Witcher 3 came out that completely changed my perspective towards the entire game series. It is a well polished gem and I bet nobody will get even close to beating it when it comes to the storytelling, actor development & choice and consequence system. It is an absolute masterpiece. And not just the game itself. The DLC's were so amazing that I was actually surprised how much detail they put in those as well.

Notable mentions I would like to add here as well - TES, Fallout.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I'm complete with all the WWE games, From Smackdown and Smackdown 2: Know Your Role on PS1, then Smackdown 3: Just Bring It, Smackdown 4: Shut Your Mouth, Smackdown 5: Here Comes The Pain, Smackdown vs Raw 2005-2010 series at PS2, and WWE 2K series. I'm definitely a fan of these games, my favorite is the Here Comes The Pain.

topflight

Reaction score
Call of duty is an awesome series even though MW2 let it down a bit, but cos treyech are making black ops it should be great :D I like the Ghost recon series (Future soldier :)) and the Just cause games. That's all the game series I really really like XD I also enjoy the driver series (back on the PS1 and PS2) and can't wait for the new Driver game on the 360 :D
happy gaming everyone :D XD :)

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Shin Megami Tensei series, though I've only played IV, Persona 4, and am probably going to get 5 very soon.

Mr. Kiborgue

Reaction score
My favourite video game series would have to be counter strike!
Every counter strike that they released was awesome for me..
And to think that i played it when i was a child it brings back memories of cs 1.5
Its just a grate game that requires alot of skill to play competatevely

Cauohashi

Reaction score
Particularly I find it difficult to choose just one favorite. But what comes to mind now is the GTA and Assassin's Creed.
I really like these two games and I can say for sure that they are among the top 10 of my favorite games.

megaanmaarie

Reaction score
While I love the Final Fantasy series, the Shadow Hearts series for PS2 is my all time favorite. I played the second game first (because I didn't realize it was the second game in the series). It was the first game I had played that could have multiple endings, which meant my choices in the game impacted how it would end. The characters were memorable, the battle system was different and fun. I wish they would honestly remake the games with today's graphic quality. Even if that never happens, there's something nostalgic about playing through the games again on my PS2 and realizing that while the graphics are better for newer games today, the story from Shadow Hearts is still top notch.

timstargraal

Reaction score
The Kingdom Hearts Series is my personal favorite series. Why? It's my childhood's game. I've been playing every game since KH1 came out and it's a great crossover of my favorite Disney movies and Square Enix characters. Though they do seem to get repetitive at times. It still a great series which game mechanics which I quite like.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Save for a few entries, I'd have to say that without a doubt the Metal Gear Solid series is my favorite set of games. The majority of people may feel that the storyline is convoluted and confusing to heck but I actually love it. The stealth gameplay has always been amazing, and very unique at the time the series began. The graphics have always been top notch for each generation they were released, the voice acting is fantastic and memorable, and the soundtrack can contend with some of the greatest film scores.