• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite Game Genre

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I like the adventure games, some like zelda, the old harry potter games. I love the games that has an story and you connect with their principal character, I love to solve puzzles to complete the stories and deal with all of the characters situations, I love games like that.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I like adventure- action video games. They get you out of reality for a little while and they are super fun! I Also I like planning the strategy to solve problems in the game. That really gets my rush going.

surlaw

Reaction score
I like single-player, simulation, casual games the most. I get super stressed out when doing more intense gaming, and though I do enjoy it from time to time, I think I'm always gonna prefer playing cozier games by myself than getting yelled at by dudes through a headset, hahaha. Part of it has to do with the fact that I'm just not that good at games - I can definitely see more of an appeal for gamers who have more experience and are more confident with those more difficult multiplayer games.

lindbergh

Reaction score
Wow, this is a pretty hard question. I enjoy playing games across different genres. Let me just assess which ones are my favorites...

When I was still in my teens, I loved playing RPGs, adventure games and fighting games. But my main favorite was RPGs. I had the patience to read each and every line that NPCs would blurt out. I had the patience to go from one dungeon to the next to gather items and gain experience.

I now have little patience for that. I now prefer games that could be easily picked up and played outright. I'm now into online games that allow PvP battles like Basketball Hero, Shadowgun: Deadzone, and Gunbound.

Preferences change. Maybe my favorite genre would change again. Who knows?

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
These days, RPG, open world, platform and shooters.

Pretty much where I am as of recent. I would say that my preferred gaming genres do switch periodically. Though I've always enjoyed open world since the beginning. Shooters are another good choice but can become a little boring over time. I also love RPG's most of the time.

Personally, I think sporting games are overlooked. Those that include storylines could be way better. But I thoroughly enjoy sports games. Multiplayer is a requirement, however.

Jameson

Reaction score
I love sports games,as well as action and adventure.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I have pretty much a wide variety of games that I like. Tactical RPGs like Valkyria Chronicles action-adventure games like diablo 2 and metroidvania games like Castlevania: SotN. There are a lot of new titles in the metroidvania genre and I am currently looking forward to the spiritual successor of castlevania, Bloodstained Ritual.

Thammy

Reaction score
My favorite game genre has to be sporting games..infact to be precise, soccer games..be it Fifa or Pes, cos i know there are always arguments on which has the best gaming experience..but i don't make choices when it comes to these two. I'm good to go as long as it's a soccer game..The only choice i make when it comes to soccer games is i mostly prefer recent versions because of the updates in the transfer list for the season being. It makes the soccer gaming experience live.

Thammy

Reaction score
I love sports games,as well as action and adventure.
I like the order in which you arranged your favorite genre of games, same line of arrangement for me too..SPORTS GAMES FIRST! Then action and adventure. What sport game would you go for first tho? I have a feeling it's basketball for you..mine is soccer! All day! Anytime!

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I enjoy playing games in all sorts of genres, but favorite would be Fps games. That's because I'm most efficient in theese sort of games I guess, and because most my friends play within that genre.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
My favorite genre is probably RPGs, and specifically 16 bit JRPGs. I play a wide variety of games but those are the ones I find myself coming back to the most as I get time between major modern releases. There's something timeless about the SNES catalogue of RPGs that's hard to pin down succinctly. It's almost like the lack of storage space and advanced game design that we take for granted today gave you just enough story, just enough graphical representation, to let your imagination run wild. I rarely feel that way with modern RPGs because, again thanks to modern equipment and design philosophy, we're just spoon-fed everything. Modern games are certainly fun but I rarely need my imagination to fill in the gaps the way I did with the older consoles and I miss that. I don't identify with the characters as deeply unless there's that investment that needs to be made in them.

Sometimes less is more.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Action-adventure by far, even better with RPG elements. It's dynamic, engaging and always different because of the freedom it gives both players and developers. It can focus on either components freely, so you can have a major focus on pure gameplay or map wandering or even balance it out.
In a similar fashion, metroidvanias. Any genre that allows exploration is my jam.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Lately, i really like POV shooter games and vast RPG games. I used to be really into puzzle-heavy and strategy games, but my job is so cerebral that sometimes I just want to get lost in a shooter game and go a bit bezerk a while to blow off some steam.

RosieDaven

Reaction score
I love horror games the most, those really push my adrenaline, and I don't get bored through the story. It won't get scared to pull nasty tricks.I've never seen a good fantasy game before, with these. (ff is not my thing, I know, I'm a horrible person.I mean the story is okay, and good, but the gameplay is not for me.)

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
My favorite game genres are RPG and MMORPG. And I will tell you what I spent spend 3,000+ hours on the MMORPG that I use to like. Finally I had to get a grip with myself and say enough is a enough. And I sold my gaming PC and PS4 and I am now living a normal life with no regrets. The quality of my life improved 10 folds now that I am not sitting in front of a computer screen wasting my life away.