• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite Game Genre

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
Mostly I love first person shooter game only, like Call of duty and battlefield. These two games are my still on top of my favorites list. About RPG, not a big fan but I did play Final Fantasy and Dark souls. RPG games looks really good but kind of boring sometimes, I do sometimes quit middle of the game. I also love playing sports game and FIFA 17 is my favorite right now.

Denis_P

Reaction score
While I do like pretty much every genre of games, I would have to say that my favorite is probably the open world RPG genre. One of the main reasons that I play video games to begin with is the fact that they are a great way to relieve stress and forget your troubles. The more immersive a game is, the stronger this effect. In my case, I feel most immersed in a video game when I'm given an entire world to explore and to create my own adventure. That's why games like the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series are my favorite.

thart

Reaction score
I love open world games. That being said i also love when they have stealth, gun play (mostly first person ), and RPG elements. Oh and i love games that you can talk your way out of trouble sometimes.

WarVet

Reaction score
While I do like pretty much every genre of games, I would have to say that my favorite is probably the open world RPG genre. One of the main reasons that I play video games to begin with is the fact that they are a great way to relieve stress and forget your troubles. The more immersive a game is, the stronger this effect. In my case, I feel most immersed in a video game when I'm given an entire world to explore and to create my own adventure. That's why games like the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series are my favorite.

Yes, and the ability to create, customize and evolve your character adds to the "Forget your problems" effect. You get so immersed in your alternative life that real life problems take second place. When you do come back it feels like you can't even remember why you were so worked up, to begin with. It's all fun and healthy as long as we don't dwell too much on it and forget real life responsibilities

Okaviator

Reaction score
I actually really like strategy and survival mmos/mmorpg's. Some titles that fit into this genre would have to be World Of Tanks and Age Of Conquisition. I also really enjoyed Eve online as well, and ended up playing that for 4 years.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
RPG and MMOs for me. I usually play RPG whenever I want to play by myself, and I'd play an MMO whenever I want company. I think RPG games have the best stories mostly and give much more immersion. MMOs, on the other hand, are pretty decent when you want to socialize with random people from all over the world/country. Aside from that, I guess I'd say I like Hack and Slash games, not really into FPS because I suck at it.

ZXD22

Reaction score
My keen genre has always been Racing, but I'm also into First Person Shooters and Multiplayer games as well. Growing up with Need for Speed and Grand Turismo though really got me hooked onto racing as I still enjoy playing the series to this day.

overcast

Reaction score
I am into Horror genre mostly. I don't like playing the prince of persia type games. I like action too so CSGO and other type of games is something I'd prefer too. I think depending on what type of games can be used for the time pass. I think with friends you can play those FPS games. I like these games that way.

Moaz

Reaction score
For me the FPS is the best genre, I just like doing special ops and missions and also play online with some friends, I waste 90% of my gaming time on FPS games such as COD: Ghosts or Battlefield and many other.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
A sandbox RPG is always great. I don't like metroidvania games because you are limited to the same game sequence since you have to get abilities to go to different areas (ability to climb walls, break floors, etc). Meaning from the start of the game until the end, you'll have to follow the path until you learn your skills and go through to the next area. Sandbox RPGs are great. Bored of the same path? Skip the quests and go to the new area!

SashaS

Reaction score
While there is no specific genre that I really dislike other than sports games, which Im just not particularly interested in, (bar motor sports) but I'd say sandbox/open world games are number one for me. Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto, Terraria, Stardew Valley, that type of thing. Just being so much more free and powerful enough to do as you wish is a wonderful thing. It's something you can't accomplish in real life. FPS games are also fun, especially online multiplayer where you can shoot up real people. Another wonderful thing you can't (and shouldn't!) do in real life. I'd say racing games are third on the list for me.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I don't really have a favorite genre, but I do enjoy strategy games like the good ol' Age of Empires. Recently I've been playing a lot of FIFA and Football Manager, so the Sports genre is also a genre I'm fond of.
I also like open-world games like Minecraft, Skyrim or Hitman. It makes the game so much more immersive.

Lexi

Reaction score
My favorite genre is adventure, but I also love strategy and horror. Depends on what I'm looking for at a time. I am by no means a brave person, but I do enjoy horror games. And I love a good strategy game every once in a while. Though most of the time I definitely go for adventure, something fun and challenging.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
Hands down RPG. I love getting immersed into universes, knowing the stories and bonding with characters. It's a visual book/movie that I can play! (You can't beat that) However I do enjoy mindlessly grindy games or sandboxy stuff on the side too because there's days I just wanna let my brain not think as much because of work.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I am into Horror genre mostly. I don't like playing the prince of persia type games. I like action too so CSGO and other type of games is something I'd prefer too. I think depending on what type of games can be used for the time pass. I think with friends you can play those FPS games. I like these games that way.
I think I only played 1 Prince of Persia game. The Sands of Time, and I tried to play the others but I was either too preoccupied or the system I had wasn't quite strong enough to actually play the newer ones. That was basically my MO for the late 2000s and so. I had a terrible PC and could only run very old games, so now I think I'm overcompensating for all those years by either playing games from that era, or playing new games today with the highest settings on.

Lindsy90

Reaction score
RPGs: I just god damn love them. I get so invested in the story and charaters, no other genre of games can do that. I love adventuring, i love exploring. I love big stories, characrers.... that the RPG bread and butter.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
RPGs: I just god damn love them. I get so invested in the story and charaters, no other genre of games can do that. I love adventuring, i love exploring. I love big stories, characrers.... that the RPG bread and butter.
Also the different classes and types you can play. Sure, it's fun to play one type, but that would limit the replay value since you'll be curious as to how a more magic or stealth based combat style would make the game easier or harder. It's a lot of fun trying to do hybrid builds; do challenges like "no weapons" or "no fast travel". You gotta do what you gotta do to make the game more fun, and if you love a challenge, harder to finish. Just to say that you can.

mcbryan

Reaction score
Survival mode is the only genre I want. I played some adventures, RPG, and arcade sometimes but not often as survival modes. I find survival modes more interesting and exciting rather than another genre. I like being a survivalist and it keeps away my boredom. I can't explain the feeling every time my team won or survive in the challenge. There's nothing can replace this type of genre in my heart.

StolenKid

Reaction score
My favorite game genres are Adventure and FPS, I really dig a good story told on first person and also a really good story that makes your adrenaline flow, examples: Half Life 2 and the Uncharted series.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Probably FPS and strategy genres. Those two are my personal top picks. I just couldn't have a game folder without those. Although I am currently playing a MOBA game on the meantime, I still wouldn't trade those two genres as my favorite ones. :)