• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite Game Genre

haze

Reaction score
So what type of gaming genres take your fancy?

Mine would have to be shoot-'em-up games or simulation games, they are the ones I simply must have to make my console life complete!

Hidden308

Reaction score
Favorite genre? Easily MMORPGs and RTS games.

Gamrpro

Reaction score
I'd say Action-adventure, open world (genre of the GTA series). I love them so much. My 2nd favorite is FPS (a first for most people)...

gktime

Reaction score
Definitely adventure and soccer games. I love adventure games because they have sweet stories, scenery, and characters.

K1ngN0thing

Reaction score
Non-standard RPGs of all sorts. I lose interest in most traditional turn-based RPGs with the same types of enemies, but give me something like The World Ends With You and I'm good.

WajeehBJ

Reaction score
I read your question and the answer that came to my mind was weird. My answer by the way is, "role playing games". You might be thinking whats so weird about it? Well, actually when I was little, it was the only genre of gaming that I never liked. I used to run far far away from role playing games considering them boring. But then I happened to play Civilization V and now, no other genre can beat my love for role playing games. Civilization, its an addiction. I have been playing this game on and on and on and I don't have words to explain how much is there to do in the game. Most of you who have played this game properly would probably know what I'm talking about. I think the best part of role playing games is that such games keep you involved as long as you are playing.

razelia

Reaction score
The RPG genre is my favorite, specifically the JRPG ones. There's a distinct difference between Western RPGs and JRPGs, and I highly prefer the JRPGs.

Raderyx

Reaction score
FPS is my favorite gaming genre. I play all FPS like Battlefield 3 and Counter Strike(long time ago). RPG is pretty nice but I normally just get bored and start using cheat codes and just...troll around.

NewDCD

Reaction score
Fighting games, even if I'm less than stellar at them. Theoretical combat concepts like 50/50 Mix-Ups, Wake-Up Game, Hit Confirming, and the works...they're very interesting to me, as they basically mean that fighting games are, in a way, "High-Speed Strategy Games". As a friend of mine once said, "Fighting games are basically speed chess on crack". Truer words may never be spoken.

valy

Reaction score
Hi Haze, my favorite gaming genre would be shooting games. Maybe that is the reason that my favorite game is Counter Strike Global Offensive! The next game genre I like to play is survival games, and I play these games only when I'm in the mood for them.

Zyni

Reaction score
I love MMORPGs. Well, mainly, I loved one, and now I want to find another great one that will give me the same sense of excitement and fun.

The main thing I like about gaming is being able to play with other people, especially when the game play involves teamwork. The feeling of accomplishing something together as a team, like beating a boss or wrecking a battleground, is just so great. It beats the heck out of other forms of entertainment for me.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I love adventure games and fighting games. My favorite has always been the Tekken Games. I am so addicted to this game. I love the graphics and the characters. I can spend hours playing this game

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Without an order of preference (because I like all three): horror, spy and extreme sports. I would say those three are my favorites because they are the ones I play most often. :smile:

Gladdy

Reaction score
I play a large variety of genres because I feel like I would get bored and burned out if I'd only play one particular genre. A mix and combination of multiple is the best to keep me entertained.

With that being said, my favorite genre is still probably RPG. If it is RPG with free roam and the open world even better! I love games that let you customize your character, influence things, build your skills/talent trees and things like that. I really enjoy getting into a role of different classes such as mage, range, melee, ... Also the quests! The quests and side activities elevate RPG games to a new level and make them even better.

So my perfect genre would be an RPG open world type of game.

Sino989

Reaction score
I have a lot of favorite types of game genres honestly. But I would have to say that my absolute favorite would have to ben an open world RPG because I love being able to do my own thing and not be forced to follow a story line or not be able to roam the world, so that's why it is my favorite :)

jitendra0341

Reaction score
My favourite game genre is action,adventure.It always entice me to continue.It increases my adrenalin level to achieve the fun and excitement that I was looking for after that long schedule of work.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
For me it is mostly strategy games like tower defense. I keep looking forward for both the free as well as new ones.

Apart from them I like to play time management games as well. I love to plan and work that too within the given time limit. It really helps me to handle multiple tasking in my real life as well.