• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite COD

krab007

Reaction score
My favourite is Black Ops 2, but I've only ever played both Black Ops games and the first COD. The campaign is amazing and the MP maps are well designed, well except Aftermath that one sucks.

Martin

Reaction score
I would also say Black Ops 2. I got so close to max rank and despite playing games since MW2, it is the only COD I ever reached a position of been able to prestige. Very fun game.

Michael

Reaction score
I'm tied between Blacks Ops 2. I used to play 10 bots with my buddies and record the gameplay. Good times.. Good times.. I've prestiged like.. 3 times in that game.

deltachi2012

Reaction score
I like the first few MW games. I would say MW2 would be my favorite. After that, they seemed to get outta hand with the series!

deltachi2012

Reaction score
I didn't enjoy MW2. I found it very dull and boring.
I just liked how simple it was, I feel like they are doing way too much with the newer MW games!
blackops 2 is also a close second in my choices :)

Michael

Reaction score
I just liked how simple it was, I feel like they are doing way too much with the newer MW games!
blackops 2 is also a close second in my choices :)
I know that they make it in Advanced Warfare where you are some God and get to super jump with a arm shooting grenade launcher.

deltachi2012

Reaction score
I know that they make it in Advanced Warfare where you are some God and get to super jump with a arm shooting grenade launcher.

haah :) exactly, I think they have made it alittle too much "halo" for me. Ill just stick with halo for that! I like the realism factor of COD lol

MakisHD

Reaction score
Without a doubt my favourite Call of Duty is world at war. My main reason is due to its theme. I prefer classic, WW2/1 kind of scenarios rather than the modern day jet packs and all sorts that they have included in the latest instalments of the game. But, I do like the way they add hints of modern technology such as the Ray Gun in zombies. Oh yes, and Zombies! Probably the only reason I play Call of Duty is the zombies and the ability to download crazy custom maps is so cool. From underwater zombies to a revamped Alcatraz map, the sky is the limit. My favourite official zombie map is Der Riese due to its map design and overall Nazi Laboratory theme. One downside to Call of Duty World at War is the multilayer, at the time it was very enjoyable but now its just full of hackers, but in all fairness that is not the games fault itself, it is the fault of the designers who have stopped releasing updates for it.

MyOCDisMild

Reaction score
Hands down, Black Ops II. Its the one CoD that I still play regularly. I sold Ghosts after about 2 months and bought Advanced Warfare as a digital download, so its still taking up space on the console. But I'll play Blk Ops 2 before I will anything else. Truth be told, my affection for it may be sentimental as my little brother and I played it frequently online and made a lot of people rage quit in multiplayer. He's the only reason I may upgrade to a ps4 because I miss playing with him. Frankly, I'm cheap and refuse to pay to play online. Don't judge me people.

PackmanHD

Reaction score
It has always been Modern Warfare 2 for me. I still play that game to this day, and I have poured hours of my time in to that game (which is something I cannot say for the more recent CoD games).

Everything about this game was fantastic to me. The campaign was great, intriguing and even controversial. The multiplayer was amazing and is so easy to just kick back and play with your friends. And then of course the third mode, Spec Ops mode. This was great too, it actually seemed like it took a lot of effort, and it added a lot more content in the game.

I honestly can't describe how much I love this game, and I don't think any CoD will live up to the feeling I got from this one.

Javo1096

Reaction score
Still to this day to me it's Black Ops 2 always had a great time playing with friends the co-op zombie mode and whenever we got tired of it we started playing multiplayer local in the Hijacked map. The story from the solo campaign was pretty good to.

Ipa07

Reaction score
My favorite was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I felt like the games started to become too similar and generic after that.

I agree with you. It was just so good. I love Rust and Scrapyard the most.

MLF

Reaction score
My list... keep in mind I've been playing since the original title and played that one on PC. I moved to playing the series on Xbox with with COD2.

1. COD4: Modern Warfare
2. COD: Black Ops
3. COD: World at War
4. COD: Black Ops II
5. COD: Modern Warfare 2
6. COD: Modern Warfare 3
7. COD: Ghosts
8. COD2
9. COD
10. COD3
11. COD: Advanced Warfare

And that is where I stopped with the COD series. I purchased Advanced Warfare hoping they didn't jump the share too badly and they just completely sold the franchise out. I haven't bought a title since.

Gladdy

Reaction score
My list... keep in mind I've been playing since the original title and played that one on PC. I moved to playing the series on Xbox with with COD2.

1. COD4: Modern Warfare
2. COD: Black Ops
3. COD: World at War
4. COD: Black Ops II
5. COD: Modern Warfare 2
6. COD: Modern Warfare 3
7. COD: Ghosts
8. COD2
9. COD
10. COD3
11. COD: Advanced Warfare

And that is where I stopped with the COD series. I purchased Advanced Warfare hoping they didn't jump the share too badly and they just completely sold the franchise out. I haven't bought a title since.
You got a good taste for placing Call of Duty 4 where it deserves to be! Even up to this day it is my favorite CoD game along with MW2. Those two are the best - the rest are so-so.

Especially, the latest installments are very underwhelming and disappointing. I still remember when I foolishly pre-ordered Black Ops on the computer. It was such a disastrous launch due to its poor customization.

So yeah, Call of Duty 4 is my favorite without a doubt. It has the best maps, best weapons and I had amazing fun playing Search and Destroy.

MLF

Reaction score
You got a good taste for placing Call of Duty 4 where it deserves to be! Even up to this day it is my favorite CoD game along with MW2. Those two are the best - the rest are so-so.

Especially, the latest installments are very underwhelming and disappointing. I still remember when I foolishly pre-ordered Black Ops on the computer. It was such a disastrous launch due to its poor customization.

So yeah, Call of Duty 4 is my favorite without a doubt. It has the best maps, best weapons and I had amazing fun playing Search and Destroy.
From COD4 to Ghosts, I was routinely ranked among the top of the Xbox leaderboards in several game modes and totally agree with you about 4 having the most replayability for S&D with the maps. Also, the smoothness of the weapons was something that I really enjoyed.

Deen

Reaction score
I have mordern warfare on my pc and so far, it is the only game i've played. Looking forward to having black ops.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
AS Call of Duty is my favorite first person shooter game, it's really hard to choose from this game series. I really enjoyed two games of this series first is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and the second one is Call of Duty Black Ops 2. These both games have good story plots and visually stunning. But i still love all the games in this series and definitely eagerly waiting for the next installment already.

Smokey

Reaction score
My list looks a little something like this:
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
2) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
3) Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
4) Call of Duty: World at War
5) Call of Duty: Black Ops
6) Call of Duty: Ghosts
7) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
8) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
9) Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
10) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

I started with Modern Warfare so that's why I left out the original 3 titles.

Shortie861

Reaction score
Out of all of the Call of Duty titles that have been released and having played all of them, I have to say that Treyarch has to be my favourite developer and my favourite games would have to be Black Ops. Going through each game so far these would be my top 3 from the Black Ops

1. Black Ops 3
2. Black Ops 2
3. Black Ops

Making Black Ops 3 my favourite Call of Duty from Treyarch.